Saint James Paris
  • Bar/Lounge
$170
$165
1,310 results
All reviewslibrary barport dauphineupgraded to a junior suitebois de boulognebeautiful propertyconcierge teamrose petalsbottle of champagneour honeymoonbeautiful roomthe entire staffquiet neighborhoodeiffel towermetro stopfew blockschamps elyseesguerlain
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Simply SUPERB! My husband and I travel extensively for work and leisure and frequent 5 and 4* hotels around the world. Bottom line - Saint James Paris is THE best hotel in Paris and beyond. We were upgraded to a Jr Suite with a nice bottle of wine and a personalized note. More importantly, the staff were all sheer perfection - incredibly warm, welcoming and extremely diligent and customer oriented . . . despite our naughty dog ;)

Based on our experience, will be bringing my entire family back in a couple of weeks. Many thanks to the entire staff at Saint James Paris! Much appreciate your hospitality and looking forward to seeing you again.

1  Thank XOXOXO1
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for this raving review! Reading feedbacks like yours is a great motivation for all of us. We work daily to provide a personalized and caring service to each of our guests….and to their furry companions! Be sure we will always be our very best to deserve your very kind qualification of “best hotel”.

Looking forward to welcoming you back with your family soon,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Saint James is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful city. Our Junior Suite was enormous and luxurious and we absolutely loved the decor of both the hotel and the room. Most of the staff was very friendly, especially the front desk and bar staff. The concierge staff was helpful but definitely on the "cool" side. It made me uncomfortable at times in a way that's hard to describe.

As gay computer nerds my husband and I both appreciated the complimentary internet and made good use of it. The speeds weren't great, but they were good enough and the front desk was kind enough to provide us with access codes for all six of our devices (two phones, two pads, and two laptops -- did I mention that we're computer nerds ;).

We especially enjoyed the bar, both inside where it's a library with comfortable leather chairs and outside with its hot-air balloon theme. The bar staff was always attentive and courteous. I highly recommend the Croque Monsieur if you decide to have lunch in the bar.

This was our first visit to Paris and I haven't decided if I want to stay at the Saint James again when we return next year. It is one of the most beautiful hotels I've been in, perhaps second only to the Four Seasons on the Big Island of Hawaii though even that would be a tough call. The location is very nice and it was an easy walk to the Metro, to Victor Hugo, to Champs Elysees, and to the Arc de Triumph. Even the Eiffel Tower wasn't very far and we walked all the way to l'Orangerie and along the Seine from the hotel. It's a great hotel, I just wish I'd felt more comfortable being there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnStephenCA
Yves_Monnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you and your husband very much for choosing our little chateau for your first stay in Paris, it was a pleasure for all of us to welcome you both!
I am especially glad to read that you liked the location of our home, its crazy-chic décor and spacious rooms, as well as the service of our teams in general. However, I am genuinely concerned about your not feeling totally at ease during your stay. We all work daily to make each of our guests feel at home, and the service and warmth of our concierge team is one of the points on which we get the best feedbacks.
Be sure we would all be absolutely delighted to welcome you and your husband back and to become your home when in Paris.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I choose this hotel based on decoration and amazing ambiance. I am a hotelier so I look for places that are truly unique and outstanding. The Saint James is perfect! I was absolutely impressed by décor and service, big applause for all of you!

Pro's:
-amazing décor! This place has been decorated by a décor guru. Every detail is well thought and very creative but still classic.
-bar has great Parisian ambiance from locals and great cocktails.
-Excellent service at Bar
-Perfect front desk assistance and enough personnel to attend every need.
-room is very spacy
-turndown had choco from Angelina mmmm
-Linens were very nice and soft
-very clean

Will be back!

Room Tip: Book through MrandMrsSmith to get upgrades and extras!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Saint James Paris and for taking the time to post this raving review. TripAdvisor visitors will without a doubt value the feedback of hospitality professional. We are delighted you liked the crazy-chic décor by Bambi Sloan, the size and amenities of our rooms as well as the service of our teams. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this hotel for our final night in Europe and was not disappointed. We were upgraded to a junior suite and from the moment we entered the hotel is was first class. Our room was fantastic and the receptionist who showed us to our suite pointed everything out to us and did not miss a thing. A few minutes later we were surprised with a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. The room was so beautifully decorated, the bedroom and bathroom divine. The linen was superb and the room was whisper quiet. Our only disappointment was that we only had one night there and not seven. We would not look at any other accommodation. We cannot comment on the spa as we did not have enough time there. We give this hotel 10/10. Fantastic.

Dear Ms T.,

Thank you so much for choosing our little chateau to spend the last night of your anniversary trip. We are glad you enjoyed your Saint James Paris experience and sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a longer visit next time. We shall do our very best to be up to the generous note you very kindly awarded us after this first stay!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

There is no better place to stay in Paris. Loved their over the top Napolean Bonaparte tongue in. Cheek glamour...Our suite was a retreat, a luxurious incredibly spacious retreat from the busy world of shopping and people watching and soaking in all that is so stylish of the French. and stylish they are. The service was impeccable, the breakfasts one of the best I have had. Our dear friend Tina of Royal Chundu referred us to the Saint James, and I am so glad she did. I loved our circular window that framed the view, loved the skylights, loved the fact that our suite had its own conservatory so light flooded the space. The hot air balloon theme was fun especially in the mad hatter tea party vibe the garden setting inspired. The hotel was an experience itself, thank you, we had a ball!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ms E.,

Thank you very much for following the advice of your friend and for choosing to stay in our glamorous yet peaceful little chateau. We are also thankful for this extremely kind review mentioning your top-floor suite, our whimsical gardens, and breakfast service. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to Wonderland to try Virginie Basselot's cuisine and the Gemology treatments in the spa!