“A Home away from Home.” 5 of 5 stars

Jakarta, Indonesia
“A Home away from Home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Dear Mr. Monnin,

To start with I would like to congratulate you on this beautiful artistic and gorgeous hotel that you are managing and running.

I had a wonderful time during my stay there and was very impressed with the super excellent service that overwhelmed me when I was there.

First of all I would like to thank you for the upgrade that I have received when I was there and the room 406 is one of the prettiest rooms I have ever stayed in in any hotel in the world. It was unique, beautiful and full of charm.

I was hoping that I could have a drink in your charming garden but unfortunately the weather did not help

The staff that you have in the hotel are extremely helpful and friendly. Your head concierge was very helpful in choosing great restaurants for me when I was staying there, he was very helpful in all aspects, and I would congratulate you in having him as your head concierge . I have stayed in many five stars hotels all over the world whether for business or pleasure and I can assure you that your head concierge is one of the best if not the best.

I would also like to be very thankful for the lady who is in charge of your restaurant, she was very friendly and very informative and on the last day while staying in your prestigious hotel I had brunch there and she had chosen a beautiful table for me and my wife and the food was out of this world, it was the perfect brunch. Unfortunately I did not have the chance to have dinner or lunch there because of the short time I spent there but I promise you during my next rip to Paris i will make sure i will have dinner there, I would not want to miss the great food and service that you have in your restaurant .

Mr. Monnin, I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and some of them are one of the top in the world but what really distinguished your hotel from others is the high quality of service and friendliness of your staff even the reception staff were very friendly and pleasant. My stay at your hotel made me feel at home away from home. At the end of the day it is the service that clients are always looking for.

I can tell you you have won me as a loyal customer in your hotel and I assure you that during my next trip to Paris I will stay in no other hotel but The Saint james Paris.

Again I would like too thank you and your charming staff for making my stay in Paris very pleasant and comfortable.

Best Regards

Rami Kuwatly

Room Tip: Room 406 is a piece of art, spacious, wonderfully decorated, overlooking the front fountain and the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Mr Kuwatly,

On behalf of our entire team, I thank you very much for taking the time to post this wonderful review. Day by day we focus on creating a homey atmosphere for our guests in providing an altogether friendly, personalized and professional service to match with the cosy décor of our rooms and suites. Receiving feedbacks like yours is highly motivating for all of us, once again thank you very much. We all look forward to welcoming you back regularly to your Paris home!

Yves Monnin, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Saint James is everything you want and more. The hotel itself was beautiful and the staff could not have been more helpful. The hotel is in an excellent area and is within walking distance of all the major hotspots. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 301 was awesome. It is beautifully decorated and overlooks the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
YvesMonnin, General Manager at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for this extremely kind review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay in the Chinese room (Junior Suite 301) and look forward to welcoming you back often in the future.

London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Oh my goodness this is the hotel of my dreams! I had the pleasure of staying here (November 2-4th) for a weekend with a friend of mine and it is utterly bewitching and beautiful.

Nothing is too much trouble for the wonderfully friendly staff and our upgrade to a junior suite left me open mouthed. The decor is eclectic and yet stunningly chic! Our room- Suite 309 had palest blue silk walks and cheetah print carpet with a beautiful lobby, a bathroom with mirrored doors and a totally art deco vibe. The bathroom had a huge fabulous slipper bath, twin sinks and a huge walk in shower with oodles of deliciously scented amber and orange Lanvin toiletries. Huge French doors complete with silk covered shutters provided the perfect French vista over the glorious gardens and with balconies still full of flowering geraniums- I can only imagine how fantastic this place is in the summer! Little touches like refurbished antique chairs and light switch covers to match the carpet and wall coverings show that every single little detail has been thought through. I was enchanted and mesmerised just looking around our room!

Angelina chocolates left on the bed with a nightly turn down service and a spa that offered very reasonably priced treatments (a hot monoi oil and coconut scrub was divine!) just added to our fantastic stay.

I have been recommending this hotel to all my friends now who were watching my facebook updates with unhidden envy! The hotel has free wifi which is fantastic and each room has a lovely coffeemaker complete with coffee pods. Restaurants and shops are close by and this is in such an upscale neighbourhood that you will not ever feel unsafe walking round at night.

I will never choose another hotel when I come to Paris...the St James is undoubtedly the best place to stay! Bravo!

Room Tip: Junior Suite are stunning- each room is individually designed so I can only imagine the delights tha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gslade
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you and your girlfriend for choosing our crazy-chic little chateau for your stay in Paris, and for this exceptional review! It has been a real pleasure for all of us here to read your wonderful feedback about our house and the special sense of service we do our best to develop. You described the atmosphere of La Grande Castaing (Junior Suite 309) and Bambi Sloan’s sense of detail better than pictures sometimes do!
We select our partners with great care and are glad that the Angelina chocolates, Lanvin toiletries and Gemology treatments at the spa were up to your expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to the hotel of your dreams and will always be at your disposal to make them come true.

Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Really nice hotel in an old mansion - definitely check out the restaurant, which is in the old library - great place to have a drink and relax. The rooms are very modern and minimalistic, but very nice. Good location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Todd M
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your very kind review! Since its full renovation the Saint James Paris no longer offers any modern and minimalistic rooms, but each of them prodive its own warm and welcoming atmosphere in a "crazy chic" decor. We all look forward to serving you again soon.

Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Upon arrival I thaught the french should pass a law forbiding English designers with all that
sense of humour to spoil perfectly good interiors making them alice in wonderland However everybody in the staff is so perfect ,professional and polite that you want to make this the hotel you'll always go back to .If you feel a black and white room might be a little depressing ask for another colour scheme.Comimg back in a cold night and having a drink in the bar is wonderful.Breakfast is a little bit more expensive than the usual 35e (it's 38e)but is very good .Those who enjoy being close to most tourists attractions should know this is a very upper middle class part of town,and should be left for you 2nd or 3rd visit.If you're very young I'm sure you won't mind the zebras over the mantel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
YvesMonnin, Directeur général at Saint James Paris - Relais et Chateaux, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your extremely kind and honest review. We are delighted the personalized and caring service we provide was to your satisfaction. Our Napoleon 3rd décor with its “crazy-chic” touch was imagined by the French-American designer Bambi Sloan to match the style and period of the house. Each room is different and we are confident we will find the perfect fit for you as we did for our many returning clients, ensuring them beautiful dreams (as should be expected in Wonderland!). We all look forward to serving you again in a near future and to become your home in Paris.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel is so beautiful!, evrething is perfect, the reception, the room they gave us, was two stories, full of details, huge bathroom, very comfortable and great location.
Breakfast is very nice and the bar for drinks before dinner is so elegant.
Hope to go back very soon

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BEUGGIE
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for this extremely enthusiastic review! We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of October celebrating our anniversary. We had the basic boudoir room which is what we booked. There was a bottle of champagne in the room upon our arrival. The concierge Christian was wonderful and funny scolding us for going to an Italian restaurant in Paris. He confirmed our reservations at 58 Tour Eiffel and also our car service for our early 0500 departure. He also knew exactly how to get to the Goyard store. additionally, we were able to get tickets for the Palace of Versailles directly from him. I didn't find the hotel too far from things as others have mentioned as we like to walk. There is a convenience store 2 minutes from the hotel.

Our room was noisy and neighbors were very loud in the hallway at 0200. We were overcharged for room service but that was corrected upon notification. Overall, a lovely hotel with beautiful furnishings and a magnificent garden.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for your anniversary and for posting this kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed the location and the décor of our property as well as the services provided by our Chef Concierge Christian and his team. We are truly sorry if the guests who stayed in the room next to yours were too noisy on one evening. The Saint James Paris is well-known for offering an especially peaceful environment, thanks to its private garden and to the layout of the rooms (most of them have an entrance area with a second door leading to the bedroom itself). We all look forward to welcoming you back in a near future!