“Excellent hotel...great location...great service”

Agora Saint Germain
Ranked #578 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I just spent 5 nights here and will choose The Agora St. Germain again and again. This was my fourth trip to Paris and my best hotel experience ever. First of all, I booked directly through the hotel, getting a better rate than expedia or any other service. Actually the rate was quite unbelievable for the hotel and location. I indeed had a change of schedule, contacted the hotel and got an immediate, affirmative response. This is one reason it's better to book through the hotel rather than some service. This hotel is in a great location if you want to stay in the Latin Quarter...Notre Dame 5-7 min. walk; metro station 5 min. walk; Luxembourg Gardens 7-10 min. walk; heart of the Latin quarter 5 min. walk; restaurants everywhere. Yes, the rooms are small, but that's what I expect in Paris. Admittedly I am a low-maintenance, far from wealthy traveler and I don't expect 5 star service at 2-3 star prices but I was completely won over by the Agora St. Germain and will make this my preferred hotel on my future Paris travels.

Room Tip: Be sure to check with the hotel directly before booking with a travel service.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank caribeach2014

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel is located in a great spot in the Latin Quarter. It is a great area with all of the amenities you need a short walk away. The rooms were very small but well maintained with modern bathrooms. A great home base for a trip to Paris! This hotel seemed to be quite reasonably priced relative to other Paris hotels, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KerDK
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I am extremely dissatisfied and somewhat disgusted with the level of service I have gotten from this company.

I injured my ankle on Friday night and visited the hospital on Saturday where they deemed me unfit to travel and gave me crutches that I was unable to use. My trip to Paris was on Saturday and I wanted to take my mum for Mothers Day. It was a really special trip for us and one that I had planned for months, but the trip was completely ruined because of my ankle and my lack of mobility. I had booked through Expedia (who are wonderful and deserve a lot of praise) and they helped me get in touch with the hotel on Saturday to see if they could reschedule. After a number of staff members there telling us to call in an hour and call the next day, they decided they would completely neglect the misfortune I had encountered, treat my situation with completely disregard and insensitivity and presented me with the same outcome that one would receive should they simply change their mind.

I did not want a refund. I just wanted to reschedule for two weeks later when I could actually walk without being in agony and offered to pay the difference and even pay for another night.
This hotel has provided me with the worst customer service I have ever had. I will never ever recommend this place to anyone and will deter them. All they had to do was show some compassion and help.

I emailed the hotel to explain the situation in more detail and even show them a photo of my horrifically injured foot and asked for my email to be sent to a manager. I had to ask FOUR times until the girl finally took her finger out and decided to what I had originally asked. The manager was even worse than her.

I would like to give immense kudos to Eurostar and Expedia who did everything they could to accommodate me. They are wonderful and I will continuously sing their praises. This hotel however, absolutely terrible. I will ensure I spread the bad word on the internet and beyond.

If you bad service, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank miamix3
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Rooms were very comfortable and very clean. The best part of the hotel is the location, walking distance to Notre Dame and main subway station St. Michel-Notre Dame which provides direct access from CDG.

2  Thank ORWALTONOR
Reviewed March 26, 2014

A Comfortable and well located hotel in the Latin Quarter
Our room was very nice, small, as most hotel rooms in Paris, on the sixth floor, overlooking the daily life on the street and a small church, but the room was very clean and well maintained.
The staff was friendly and helpful
Recommend staying at this hotel

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Amazing location just a few minute walk from Notre dame. Surrounded by bars restaurants and shops, lovely area. Rooms are small but very clean and nicely decorated. Handy for metro. Friendly staff. Had a great time would definitely recommend

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great location to metro stops. We upgraded to a deluxe room b/c we wanted a larger size room and size was excellent. Not as large as you would expect in the US but large by Paris standards. We were in Room 409 end of the hall so nice and quiet. The bells from the church across the street were loud but they stop at 10 pm so not a problem. Room and bathroom were very well lit and bright and very clean. Good amount of storage in closest for clothes and a large table in room to put all your stuff. Room included small frig which they stocked for mini bar but you can remove to put your own food in if needed. We asked them to arrange a shuttle for round trip to CDG. They use Nice Shuttle which we had alot of problems with and passed these comments on to the gal who arranged it. We would definitely stay here again but if they are still using the same shuttle service, arrange our own. We did not eat breakfast here but checked it out and it was typical Paris but not much selection so we went around the corner to Eric Kayser bakery which was excellent. Breakfast in America is also around the corner.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe for size
1  Thank JR0