There are many good points about the Agora Saint Germain.
The main ones being:
- It's very central, in the 5th Arr and close to the RER B station St. Michel Notre Dame which is on the line from CDG airport and theres a metro station just around the corner.
- It's very close to the Seine also, but it's not noisy and in a quiet position.
- The breakfast is very good and the pastries/breads are from the wonderful Eric Keyser's who are just around the corner.
The Comfort Room we had, and paid slightly more for, was on the third floor and was very quiet but was small - along with most hotels in Paris. The bed was also small, standard double bed but as described.
The let downs were small but really for a central Paris 3 star should be looked at.
It was February and when we arrived, the bedroom was baking hot. The Air Conditioning wasn't working and the heater was in full. It wasn't that cold outside. We mentioned this to reception and was told that the entire hotel either has to be heating or A/C! Very odd situation. Anyway asked the cleaners to turn the heater down. Even in the OFF position the room was very hot and thankfully we were in a room facing away from the street so we were able to have the window open at night.
The second thing was the curtain was hanging off the curtain track when we arrived. I mentioned this to the reception as it didn't really do an effective job of keeping out the light. The attitude of the receptionist was pretty much, "yes...and..." couldn't care less. The least I would've expected was an apology but none was forthcoming and so the curtain stayed hanging off, letting the light stream in.
When you're paying over 100 euros a night for a room, the service should be slightly better.
Obviously this was just our room, so I wouldn't let it stop you from booking here as it is a generally good place but we were just slightly peeved by the nonchalant customer service at times.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Agora Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agora Saint Germain Paris