“Impressive”

Agora Saint Germain
Ranked #570 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had a wonderful experience staying at this Hotel 19 - 20th March. The reception staff on duty could not have been more helpful resolving my error. The issue was sorted with total professionalism.
Set in an ideal location, minutes walk to Notre Dame and Batobus, all major attractions are easily accessible. Lots of lovely eateries on the doorstep from cheap to expensive, so no need for taxi or metro journeys.
Hotel is very nice, clean comfortable rooms with all facilities one needs for a city break.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Creeve

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week. The room was a reasonable size for a Paris hotel.
It was in a good location, 5 minutes walk to Notre Dame.
The staff were especially good, they all spoke English happily and they were helpful.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank brisgreg
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights and were entirely happy with all aspects of this very pleasant hotel. Sure, the lift is tiny (but was just big enough for us and our two piled-up bags to all squeeze in) and the room was the smallish size you expect of Paris. Importantly though, it was spotlessly clean, had a nice bathroom and was quiet as it is far enough from noise generating venues.
The Hotel Agora's location was very convenient, as it is an easy walk (10 minutes or so) to Notre Dame and close enough to consider it as being within wheeled-bag-dragging distance from the Metro.
Front-of-house staff were always there and very helpful - they even made a booking at Moulin Rouge for us.
We enjoyed the local cafes too, especially Cafe St-Victor with its outlook and breakfast.
Yes, we would book here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zvirb
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This smallish hotel is tucked away in Rue des Bernardins five mins walk away from the Seine and Notre Dame and 5 mins walk to Rue Moufftarde with lots of interesting restaurants and bars. The rooms are not huge but beautifully clean and well appointed with excellent shower and tv. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We didn't bother with breakfast there because there are lots of cafes around where you can grab and coffee and a croissant and watch the world go by!

Room Tip: This year we had a room at the back - 104 and it was very quiet Last year we were at the front and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MalcandSteve
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I took our first trip to Paris in April of 2012. We picked this hotel because it was in the Latin Quarter. It's located on a quiet street, the room is small but adequate, very clean, the front desk is very helpful and can direct you or suggest great places to see and eat. They also have a morning buffet but we opted out for the bakery around the corner. The only thing I suggest is that you take your booking information with you along with a confirmation from the hotel. It's centrally located a few blocks from Notre Dame and about a half mile from Jardin du Luxembourg which is beautiful. Would I stay there again YES, YES, YES,.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arubajo68
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I found myself in this hotel more by mix up in bookings than selection. In saying that, I was very happy with the 3 night stay and the staff are the best! Thank you Anna and Anne for helping me enjoy my stay - I was pretty upset due to a couple of circumstances leading up to this and your smile and helpfulness really took the edge off for me (A big thanks to Emanuel from the Abbatial over the road for your help in re-locating me here)

The room was small and probably the smallest I have experienced so far but it was comfortable, clean, and quiet as it over-looked a little courtyard. That I needed more than size at this point.

The hotel has free wifi which didn't miss a beat, the breakfast was what you expect in Paris - continental AND hot food which was great.

The location was superb, walking distance to many icons such as the Pantheon, the 2 islands, Notre Dame, Saint Michelle Chapel, Shakespeare and Co bookshop, the Latin quarter, Seine river - many metros handy as well as the batobus.

The hotel is a little tired but it satisfied my needs and I would stay here again - I would try for a bigger room.

Room Tip: Ask for a bath to soak in, a big room if you can and I found the rooms with windows to the courtyard...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank deborah b
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Clean hotel situated in a lovely part of Paris. Without exception, all the staff we met were very friendly, efficient and very welcoming. Rooms are very comfortable with free WiFi thrown in for good measure. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family