“Lovely Little Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #455 of 1,810 Hotels in Paris
Oldham
“Lovely Little Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel Abbatial for 4 nights in July with my husband, daughter and granddaughter we had adjoining rooms on 1st floor.It is a lovely little hotel just round the corner from Notre Dame and river seine. The hotel has small but adequate rooms with plenty of drawers and hanging space the rooms are spotlessly clean with comfy beds it also had tea and coffee making facilities The bathroom had a lovely shower with plenty of room to move in. The breakfast is taken in the cellar and has plenty of choice. The metro is nearby so handy to get round. There are lots of places to eat nearby and the prices are very reasonable. You must try the little restaurant next door fab food go early as it soon gets full.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hotel is well situated in the center of Saint Germain and all the major tourist attractions. It is walking distance to the River Seine and the subway system and therefore accessible to any part of Paris. Rooms are small but comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. Balcony was a great bonus. Wifi worked pretty well throughout our stay. However the only negative comment I would make is that the Staff needs to work on customer service skills. Staff showed little regard or concern when my two kids and their luggage were stuck in the small elevator for close to an hour after our arrival. The hotel didn't have a key or tools to open the elevator door and we had to wait on a service repairman to show up. In total, we waited close to two hours to get the situation dealt with. No compensation nor apology were made for going through the ordeal, nor for missing half of our first evening at the hotel.

Room Tip: A balcony room facing St Germain lends to an airier and brighter stay considering the smallness of e...
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were 5 nights in this hotel with our adult son. We had the only triple room. It was on the 6th floor and had 2 window and no neighbors so it was very blissfully quiet. The beds were comfortable. My sons bed was short and not as comfortable but he was fine with it. The room had a lot of cupboards and hanging space for our clothes so we were able to move in for our 5 day stay. The bathroom was very nice with a tub shower combo. If you have trouble climbing into a tall tub this would not be a good room for you. The bath was clean and had a nice welcome packet of toiletries and plenty of nice towels. The room had a desk area that included a water boiler for tea/coffee. All in all we loved the room and it was comfortable for the three of us.

The location is excellent. We were able to find wonderful places to eat close by and the next block had all the usual French shops for food - baker, fruit, fish, butcher with rotisserie for a quick meal in your room if you choose. We easily walked to Notre Dame and other sites in the area and the Metro was a short block or so away. The front desk staff were very accommodating and spoke English. They arranged a shuttle to the airport for us. The breakfast was included so we ate at the hotel but we probably would have just picked up something at the baker on the run if it had not been included.

The only drawback for us was there was no iron in the room and my steamer had broken at the last stop. So we had to use the hotel iron in the laundry area in the basement. We will defiantly stay here again when in Paris. It is our new home in Paris.

2 Thank RNCOB
Marbella
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

A perfect hotel for the short getaway. Friendly and professional staff. We had room 25 which looked over St. Germain. Maybe a little noisy with the traffic and early morning church bells, but spacious, clean and modern. A stone's throw away from the river and Notre Dame Cathedral. Metro stations all the way along the main road, making it really easy to get around. Good local bars, restaurants and supermarkets and a café across the road that offers a decently priced breakfast!

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and bright.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Boras, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was perfectly happy with my stay at Hotel Abbatial. I stayed there for 8 nights and because of that I got my breakfast for free. Which was surprisingly good! As a Swede I am used to our standard luxury hotel breakfast that we have here and I've learned to not expect to much when I'm staying in another country. But even with my high standards I really liked the breakfast at the hotel. And also, the lady who worked there was just great. She was so nice and it really seemed like she liked her job and took it seriously. So kudos to her! :)

Also, when I made my reservation I asked for a room on the top floor with a view over st germain boulevard, and guess what I got? Exactly that! I even had one of those cute roof balconies and you could even see the top of the eiffeltower in the distance. The air-condition worked great also. And the cleaning staff was also amazing! And not to mention the staff in the reception. Really nice and helpful people.

And yeah the room and hotel in general was super nice and cute and it was exactly what I wanted from a hotel in Paris.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank freshpairofeyes
County Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

3 night stay May 2014: This hotel was in a great location right near Notre Dame, the Seine and a multitude of great restaurants and shops. The staff were very friendly and helpful with any request that I had and spoke great English. The rooms were small but adequate and quite expected for the location in Paris. The only thing that I would have changed if I could was the shower which was very small (even for a petite woman) and an awkward triangular shape. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if in Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The staff at this boutique hotel were extremely helpful and friendly. The location is fantastic,very short walk to Notre Dame and Latin quarter. There is a lovely cafe next door for breakfast that is half the price of the hotel breakfast. The rooms... Are not just small,they're claustrophobic. We could barely fit our suitcases in. There is a small bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin. For the price we paid we expected bigger rooms and more amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple