Using Trip Advisor's generally glowing reviews to book this stay for a 2 night New Year's Eve trip to Paris, I can only wonder at why people think this hotel is so good and value for money. It is in an excellent location - a 7 minute walk to Notre Dame and cafes and shops in abundance BUT....
- It is on a busy, noisy main road and the windows do not block out the constant traffic noise
- the reception/lobby area is pretty ordinary and there is no bar nor anywhere to sit with friends for more than a short time as there is only one sofa and the rest of the furniture is comprised of small, uncomfortable stools
- our room was NOT modern but was bigger than other European hotel rooms I have stayed in. - -- - The beds were not very comfortable, the bathroom basic and Wifi non-existent in our room except if you stood 2 cm from one wall
Granted the front desk staff were delightful and helpful but the decor was very cheap and not so cheerful, the room was tired with carpet in a style from the 70s-80s and the lift, well only in Paris. Just big enough for one person carrying a small bag!
So all in all I can't give this hotel the review that others rate it at - just overall - average. I can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't eat at the hotel but given there are several cafes in 100m radius I would choose to have my cafe creme and croissant elsewhere!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbatial Saint Germain Paris