“Ridiculously awful”
Review of Safran

Safran
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Safran is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,444 of 17,161 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Description: Restaurant SAFRAN an innovative, fresh approach to Indian cuisine, Restaurant SAFRAN offers a relaxed, contemporary atmosphere in which to enjoy the extraordinary, vibrant Pan-Asian cuisine. In over a decade of service, the restaurant has sought to redefine Indian food, decor and service. Restaurant SAFRAN elaborate and extensive menu incorporates the best of Indian, Pakistani and Banglades cuisine with specialities and influences from all over the Asia, often, with a European twist. Rare, unusual meats feature on the menu and Cyrus's. Speciality Menu changes fortnightly to take advantage of the best of French seasons have to offer. All dishes use only the freshest of ingredients, cooked with natural herbs and Cyrus's own spice blends. Restaurant SAFRAN is dedicated to promoting environmental awareness and won two 'Environmental Best Practice' Executive Chefs and Experienced Hospitality with full Audio Video inside our restaurant. Restaurant SAFRAN - Speciality of Traditional and Innovative Indian Cuisine.
“Ridiculously awful”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The food was cold, the staff were very rude and disinterested. The wine wasn't that expensive but was crappy. I am not that awkward a guy when it comes to curry but this was a shocker. I am absolutely amazed at the previous reviews of this place, it was maybe the worst Indian food I have ever eaten in my life. They asked if I wanted it hot, I said yes. It was like the toughest chicken you ever had in chicken soup. So bad. The lamb tikka was bad also. I don't overly enjoy a complaint as you may see on here I am fair. This is a dreadful place and I warn you against it. There is an ok curry spot up near Norte dame de lorette metro, go there. Naan was ok, but I don't even know how to stress how bad this food was though. Absolutely awful. Nice decor though.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GargoyleWaiting

• Greek first
Bhopal, India
“Good Indian restaurant”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We dined there while in Paris. Its close to Norte Dame cathedral so you can visit the cathedral and have food thereafter being walking distance from it. The food was good but nothing to bragg about.

Visited November 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing food in a great part of Paris”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

There are so many choices in the Latin Quarter, we must have walked for 40 minutes before we made a choice. In the end, we couldn't have been happier with Safran, where the chicken tikka marsalla is great and the chicken korma is to die for! (Perhaps the best I've had, and I've had it in five different countries.) Add tasty basmati rice and a very light nan, and you have a meal to remember. We'll be going back next time we're in Paris -- probably twice! :)

Visited May 2013
Coolangatta, Australia
“Ambiance and delicious”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Staying in the Latin Quarter one has a plethora of places to eat. I am steps away from this restaurant and have walked past if numerous times. I was initially inspired by its 10 euro formula which as I discovered was a midday special. As it was evening I opted for the evening formula of 16 euro and treated myself to a glass of rose.

The food was great, as authentic as I know Indian to be. The ambiance was superb and once the doors were closed the outside noise of the Latin quarter didn't exist - welcome respite.

The service was good. One downside and I am not sure if it is just because one orders the formula but we keep the same cutlery (coutellerie) which I am not familiar with when dining out, I am more familiar with fresh cutlery.

The formula was great and I think the a la carte would be superb.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best Indian In Paris”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our last evening in paris had to be topped with a good indian restraunt. Had a look on trip and went with this one. We sat on ground floor next to the kitchenm the smell of the food was amazing. The owner did come and say hello, he knew we were indian. We asked for all out food to be spicy and hot for our taste buds and it was. We paid 120 euro for 4 adults with drinks! Thats cheap for paris! I would highly recomend this place! When im back in paris, i will definatley be going back!

• Visited March 2013