“Overpriced and food only ok”
Review of Aloy Aloy

Aloy Aloy
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Aloy Aloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,653 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: Small and cosy restaurant in the middle of Montmartre. Discover fabulous thaï cuisine cooked by Alisa and Nitaya : all the great thaï classics with a twist. Great French wines and thaï beer. Near Abbesses métro station et Sacré-Coeur.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been to Thailand a few times and have eaten at Thai restaurents arround the wolrd and this place will defently not be remembered as a highligth.
The restaurent is charming and the owner is very nice and helpful. I had chiken satay as a starter witch was served deepfried and the meet was a bit dry. As a main dish I had chicken green curry. The chicken was served with skin and bones and very limited sauce.
The food tasted ok – but not more that ok. Price for the starter was 7Euro and 16.5 Euro for the main dish. Compared to the type of restaurent, quality of the food and what else we got in Paris, this was a real dissapontment.

There are newer reviews for Aloy Aloy

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I made a reservation via email for this restaurant a few days in advance, I received an email confirmation of the reservation. On the evening of the reservation my friends and I were running late, and know how big of a deal it is to show up late for a reservation in Paris, so we paid 25 euros for a taxi to get us there on time, only to arrive and find a note on the door that they were closed for the evening! They had my email address and didn't even let me know that they weren't going to keep our reservation! This is very unprofessional behavior. There are plenty of Thai places in Paris, and I will go elsewhere when I want to eat Thai in Paris!

2  Thank flygirl123
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We decided we wanted Thai food and followed Trip Advisors high recommendation and took the metro to this restaurant in the heart of the Montmartre district. The restaurant is small and popular so you need to reserve a table. The service was exceptional. The waitress "Chaddi" i think her name was, is an asset to this business. She was friendly and helpful and had good sense of humour. She spoke english well and was very willing and able to explain the details of the menu to us. I had Thai beef salad for entree and a beef noodle dish for main. My wife had a seafood dish for main. We found the food fresh and delicious. We very much enyed the restaurant and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We ate at this restaurant after escaping the crowds surrounding Sacre Coeur. It is down a quiet little street and has a unique, fun sign. The owner and his wife were very pleasant, the service was great and the food was beautifully arranged and prepared. Every dish that we ordered was delicious...the flavors were fresh and blended together perfectly to provide a unique dining experience. We would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Gina P
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This restaurant just opened a few months ago. And is is TRULY A RARE FIND... particularly in a neighborhood that is overly saturated with tourist-spots (which usually equates to high-prices / bad food / bad service). This is a family-run thai restaurant. The extremely friendly French husband serves / Thai wife and her mother do the cooking. And you couldn't ask for better, tastier dishes. The menu changes all the time, depending on what they've gotten in fresh. The fish, seafood, and meats are all top-notch. And everything is cooked with love, in that home-style way that makes all the difference. The desserts are also EXCELLENT. The gateau de chocolate with mango ice cream is a killer...

1  Thank AGM444