“Amazing restaurant ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was here last month with my wife for taste the amazing food of chef Thierry very nice the service. I was little bit disappointed about the lobster the bisque was little bitter and the lobster over cook for the rest all was nice . Thanks you to the pastry chef for the nice selection of amazing dessert.
Btw I recommend

Date of visit: August 2019
Mandarin Orient... P, Sur Mesure Manager at Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for leaving a positive feedback on Sur Mesure by Thierry Marx.

I am happy to read that the food was qualified as "amazing". Please be assured that I have shared your comments on the lobster with the chef and all our team.

I also would like to thank you for your fidelity.

I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Sur Mesure Manager

Write a reviewReviews (965)

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

We went to Sur Mesure for a family dinner to celebrate our birthdays. We’d been wanting for a long time to visit this restaurant, following the career of Thierry Marx for years, but were waiting for the good timing (and funds!) to do so.

As organizers of the event, my wife and myself had had access to the tasting menu before the evening. We were astonished, almost shocked, by the menu... soupe à l’oignon, maquereau... these were very basic ingredients for such a restaurant, but soon reassured ourselves that someone like Thierry Marx would revisit and transcend such products / dishes.

Well... this is exactly what he did. What a creativity, boldness, sense of humor in his dishes! From the beginning to the end, we went from surprise to surprise, emotion to emotion. At some point, we could even think we were in a dream or a movie (supported by the décor) including when Thierry Marx himself appeared to present his famous “maquereau en camouflage” with a a humoristic twist.

Thank you for this unique moment, Mister Thierry Marx. You rock and shake the French cusine so that it won’t fall asleep and alsways move to new territories.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank noel_chateau
Mandarin Orient... P, Responsable du Sur Mesure at Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Dear Noël,

Thank you for writing such a thorough and beautifully comment regarding your recent experience at the restaurant Sur mesure.

It is a relief to read that everything ended well for you and your group of guests. Our staff works hard to make every moment in the Sur mesure, unforgettable.

Your kind words about our chef Thierry Marx are valuable to him and be assured that he has been informed of your positive feedback.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again,

Yours kindly,

Responsable du Sur Mesure

Reviewed March 6, 2019

This may not be totally the fault of Chef Thierry Marx, he is clearly an honest man who works very hard. I believe those mostly to blame are the Michelin star raters who are pushing the high end restaurant industry into a nonsensical direction of "processed food" masquerading as innovations, with emphasis on feeding the eyes and the ego, instead of the stomach. It doesn't give me any pleasure to write this critical review and I am sincerely trying to be as objective and constructive, hopefully some change will happen to shift the focus to ingredients quality, taste, flavours, and menu balance (there was close to zero vegetables in a 6 course menu). The first mandatory course a Soja Risotto with Oysters, was heavy on "blown up hot air foam" and very light on Risotto and Oysters. The second course of pressed foie gras with eel was an interesting and successful blend, best course of the meal. The big disappointment was with the following two courses: the fish (Saint Pierre) and the Carbon beef. The fish dish had two small pieces of bland tasting fish and some green foam (supposedly creamed spinach). The beef dish was the biggest disappointment, it is supposed to be a signature dish, I was hesitant in ordering it because I detest charred food, however the waiter assured me that I should ignore the name of the dish and that there will be no charred crumbs, I also asked for medium cooked, what I received is best described as a roll of thinly sliced over cooked tasteless beef wrapped in a more than generous portion of charred crumbs, million times yuck! To add insult to injury, zero vegetables to go with it. The 5th dish was the first of two deserts, in other restaurants of this calibre it would not count as a real course, essentially three asian style petit fours. The chocolate desert was a nicely presented thin chocolate cylinder filled with ice-cream.

Date of visit: March 2019
3  Thank toomanyplacestovisit
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Staying at the Mandarin we offered up our clients the choices in the hotel to dine and they chose this option. It was a surprise because I had no idea the phenomenal reputation of the chef. The courses , the presentations were beautifully done and we felt taken care of from the beginning. the bright and intelligent staff describing the food and the lovely surprises throughout the meal made the meal all the more engaging. The only complaint I have is that I could not finish the delicious dessert. I was completely full.
The final treat was the Chef came to the table, shook my hand and asked where I was from, so gracious. We loved this meal and this is a beautiful memory for myself, my colleague and our clients. Thank you!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank AnisaT
Mandarin Orient... P, Sur Mesure Manager at Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your very charming review. We are very pleased to note that you had an "memorable" diner with us and are very glad that you had the opportunity to talk to the Chef.

We look foward welcoming you very soon during your next visit in Paris !

Regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

It was only my second Michelin star restaurant, but Sur Mesure just exceeded all expectations. The food was just divine and presented in such an originative way that it was a pleasure to stay a while longer and try some more of the master pieces that Thierry Marx has created. Simply stunning. I loved the little surprises.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Aninha_12
Mandarin Orient... P, Sur Mesure Manager at Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Dear Aninha,

I would like to thank you for leaving such a positive feedback on Sur Mesure by Thierry Marx.

I am happy to read that the experience was up to your expectations and that you enjoyed our different courses.

Please be assured that I have shared your comments with the chef and all our team.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.