“Average Food - Good Location”
Review of Le Sainsev'

Le Sainsev'
Ranked #13,685 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stopped in for a bite. Service took a while. Food was just ok - nothing special at all. I had the crepes which were average. The other dishes my friends had were average. Prices are high. Not recommended.

There are newer reviews for Le Sainsev'

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

After asking for the bill three times we went to pay at the cashier. We had eaten a moule-frites wine combo, but they had put the wine in separately making it more expensive. They corrected that, but with the second bill they had suddenly added coffee. We corrected that too. It felt like no mistakes, but something they do to cheat tourists...

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Absolutely disgusting. I kick myself for sitting down at this place - though, commend myself for leaving before the meals arrived. We sat outside. The waiter had a palpable disdain for customers! I watched him 'work' while drinking the 17 euro bottle of wine (probably cost $2-4 in store down the street) - he literally tossed menus at customers, rolled his eyes when they asked questions, chided customers for not sitting in the seats he wanted them to sit in!, etc. etc. I should have left the moment the silverware was presented and the knife had a half inch of crud on it. We watched a party of 4 sit next to us - and after he rudely told them to move down a few seats, they wisely said "f-you" and all got up to leave. Shortly after - another table of 4 decided to cut their losses and also got up to leave. The waiter seemed unfazed - since a steady stream of new suckers kept coming in. I eventually could not take it anymore and we too got up an left. Stupidly, I handed the waiter 25 euro as we left to cover the wine and appetizer. However, in retrospect, I should have flipped him the bird and simply walked away. Arrest me! I use Trip Advisor religiously, and I'm embarrassed that I did not review this place prior to sitting (wife was complaining and wanted to eat - right NOW!)
I would have to say it was the worse restaurant that I have ever been into. Unfortunately, they have a perfect location and endless tourist suckers.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Let's face it, you do not come to Saint Michel for a gourmet meal, its all about the location, wandering the streets, the entertainers, people watching and the buzz of the city. We ate in the restaurant next door last year and decided to give this one a try on our annual visit to the Prix d'Arc de Triomphe racing weekend.
With a few fussy eaters in our group we went for the Gourmet fixed price menu at 16 euros a head for starter, mains and dessert. Good choice of "traditional" fayre and between us we tried the mussels, frog legs, froie grae and french onion soup with a carafe of chardonnay for starters. Fast service, good sized portions and some tasty food followed by some more chardonnay, steaks, beef stew and chicken for mains which were tasty and good sized portions. Dessert was profiteroles and cream which again was served quickly and with a smile.
Would recommend as long as you're not expecting too much and just want to enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

If you are crazy then you will go to this place. Poor service and food not very flash.
Go across the road to the Italian restaurant where you will get quality service and moth watering food.