Hotel Mansart - Esprit de France
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
$1,529
  • Pool
All reviewsplace vendomethe ritzgreat locationdes capucinesaround the cornerconnecting roomsheart of parislovely hotelhonor bargood sizestay there againtuileries gardensopera housewalking distancebreakfast roomfloor roombeautiful room
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hmm, I converted euros to pounds and thought this was a bit rubbish for £500 a night (for 2 rooms) but then I worked out it only cost us £400 a night for 2 decent sized, clean, comfortable central Paris hotel rooms and it began to look like pretty good value.

We asked for connecting rooms when we booked and they phoned immediately and said they couldn't promise but they'd try. When we checked in we had adjacent rather than connecting rooms so they didn't really try hard enough (and if I had checked I'd have cancelled as I can't sleep properly when there are 2 locked doors between me and my children) so if it's important to you you might want to check this before booking.

The location is fantastic, really central, and the bathrooms and rooms (which are quite large, we had deluxe rooms I think) are comfortable although there's no conditioner supplied in the bathrooms so take your own. The continental breakfast was fine but the bacon and sausages were pretty unpleasant: microwaved scrambled eggs and flabby sausages. We only ate in the tiny breakfast room once and I wouldn't want to repeat the experience but they do deliver to rooms so we did that on our other days, which was much nicer.

A couple of other things didn't work while we were there: the lights in our room, which were either blazing on or off with nothing in between (despite various lamps in the room - they couldn't fix it, they said, when I called downstairs to ask) and the kettle didn't work either, which was a pain.

In short, the location is brilliant (5 minutes from the Place de la Concorde, less than 10 minutes from The Louvre) the rooms are decent enough, especially for the prices given that this is central Paris, but don't bother eating there or asking them to fix anything that doesn't work.

B minus I'd say, could do better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DirectionMansart, Responsable réception at Hotel Mansart - Esprit de France, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for having shared about your experience in 2012 in Hotel Mansart.

We wish to inform you that the quality of the Hotel has improved through the years. For example : we do offer some Family Suites (2 rooms connected for 5 people) or Family Flat (2 rooms connected for 4 people).

Concerning the breakfast, we are now working with fresh products delivered every day.

We hope to welcome you back in the future in order to show you the evolution of the Hotel Mansart.

We remain at your kind assistance,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

we stayed at the Mansart for one night last weekend. We'd stayed there a few times over 20 years ago and were keen to see how the hotel had changed. Stayed in room 602 right up at the top. Unfortunately the Ritz are renovating so there was an background noise of drilling - we asked what time the works would be finishing on Sat night and were assured that there would be no work on Sunday...... but drilling started bright and early on Sunday morning! Slightly surprised there was no shampoo - and it was impossible to reach the soap from the bath without standing up to reach the soap machine on the wall - and the bath plug mechanism didn't work to let water out. That said - we still loved the hotel and the staff were very helpful and friendly - and we had a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Better to have a room at the front while the Ritz are doing their renovations behind.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We wish to thank you for having shared your experience about your stay at the Hotel Mansart in 2012.

We would like to inform you that the quality of the hotel has improved through the year (and hopefully the renovation of the Ritz is over).

We would love to welcome you back in order to show you the evolution of the Hotel Mansart.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our stay at the Hotel Mansart was enhanced by one of the staff, a young man named Antony who was helpful, informative and very friendly while still utterly professional. We felt that we were in good hands and that nothing was too much trouble for him. Our room, with no outlook, was generous in size with a few steps leading up to our large tiled bathroom. We found the large bath perfect for soaking walk-weary bodies. The central location of the Mansart encourages lots of walking to the many Paris attractions. The bed was comfort plus and initial difficulties with temperature control were soon sorted by a staff member.
Of interest is the fact that the first exhibition of paintings by a group to become known as The Impressionists was held in a studio at 35 Boulevard des Capucines in 1874.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outlook over the interesting Rue de Capucines.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DirectionMansart, Responsable réception at Hotel Mansart - Esprit de France, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We wish to thank you for the nice comment that you left in 2012 about your stay at the Hotel Mansart.

We would be pleased to welcome you back in order to show you how the Hotel has improved through the years.

We remain at your kind assistance,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

You can't get any more central. Authentic boutique vibe in the heart of Vendome with classic French style throughout.

A mix up with beds meant we changed room after the first night - Although it took quite a discussion for the hotel to offer this as a solution. That said, both rooms were more than charming and the sleep quality very good.

Bit surprised at the lack of toiletries in the bathroom. A small omission given the price bracket.

All in all, central, classic, and with the potential to make a fantastic city break.

Room Tip: Disappointingly, our double room had twin beds If you want/ expect a double, make sure you clearly state it in your booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Already been here some times: one of the best locations facing (just some suites) Place Vendôme. Very poor service, unpolite and inadequate receptionists (they cannot explain you where to park, they don't call you a taxi...), misleading website fares (when you book breakfast seems to be included in the room fare, when you receive confirmation of the booking breakfast isn't mentioned but when you check out the hotel you learn it's not included). Very nice suites but very suffocating and crumped standard rooms. Deplorable cleanliness of rooms and common areas.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FRMGenova
DirectionMansart, Directeur général at Hotel Mansart - Esprit de France, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Sir,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your comments about your last stay few days ago.

We did share already some of these informations together as I remember I met you in the lobby and we had a discussion when you were staying at the hotel Mansart last march. You sent an email to our head office and I replied few hours later offering the breakfast to you and friends (as you were three rooms in total if I remember well).

I remember we had a technical problem with the Diners club terminal and that we found a solution with one of our sister hotel but I do not remember you mentioned the other subjects. We receive usually good comments of our classic rooms but I will recheck the room you occupied (as I have the number)in details with our housekeeper.

Regarding the cleanliness of the common areas, I do apologize again, it was the end of the complete refurbishment of our lobby area and I do agree it was dusty last march.

For the problem of the taxi, from times to time when it is raining in Paris or during very high occupancy in Paris it is difficult to book a taxi in advance, maybe if you tried to book a taxi during the evening for the next morning we asked you to check with the reception desk few minutes before leaving. As again when it is very busy it is impossible to book a taxi in advance except if the taxi company is charging you a fixed extra amount but honestly I do not think that one of the persons of my team refused to book a taxi for you.

The closest car park is the one of the Vendome Place which is 2/3 minutes walking distance of the hotel, last march a very big fire destroyed the car park, it is not reopened yet and we advised the team to propose the car park of Madeleine Place, Marché Saint Honore Place or Edouard 7, at 5/7 minutes walking distance to our customers, certainly we should have trained our staff to this subject before and I do apologize if they were not able to assist you on this matter.

Yours sincerely.