“Amazing hotel for it's price!”

Hotel de l'Empereur
Ranked #289 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Amazing hotel for it's price!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We only stayed for one night and we loved it! Despite the smallness of the rooms, it was a nice experience. The beds were comfortable, the shower was good and just overall everything was brilliant! They also give you the option to leave your luggage safely before checking in and after checking out which was perfect!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here for a city break in December and it was beautiful!! Small but then parisian hotels are known for having small rooms etc. We had a room with a view, the 'romantic view' i believe and it was beautiful. Bathroom everything was faultless! Most say one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept in!

We didn't eat at the hotel, so could comment on the food etc but staff where nice and friendly.

Location was great too, walkable distance to the Eiffel tower, Louvre and most of the main attracts including a metro station, also with at least 6 restaurants seconds away! yet was nice and quiet at night.

Definitely worth a stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The location is perfect! Only a block away from a metro station. In a quiet, safe part of Paris...and with the right room an unforgettable view. We will stay here again if we are lucky enough to travel back to Paris.

Room Tip: We thought it was worth it to pay for a room with a view of the Invalides/Napoleons tomb.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brasília, Brazil
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've recently spent four nights at this hotel with a friend and we payed 155 euros per night. It was my third time at this hotel. The first two times I was on my own and I got really lucky as they gave me a big room (room number 15) facing l'Hôtel des Invalides. Not this time though ... The bed linen and the towels were ok ... The location is excellent, about 200m from La Tour Maubourg metro stop. There are several restaurants and cafés around. The bottom line is: if I were on my own again, I would surely stay there again. In case we were two, I'd try to be sure I could book room 15, otherwise I would look further and try to find a bigger room.

Room Tip: Try to get room 15
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank RicardoBSB
empereurparis, Directeur général at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear RicardoBSB,

thank you very much for your comment.

Room 15 is normally for 3 people. So you are right, it is quite bigger than our other twin/doule room.
I can understand that you felt the room we gave you was not as big as the last one but all our room have the parisian standard :-)

I hope to welcome you soon.

Best regards and happy new year.

Charline
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fantastic, location, reception, room, en-suite. We stayed in room 35 overlooking the back of the hotel. The room was very smart, spacious, with the biggest bed, quality linen, pillows. There was a good quality safe and anything else you might need could be ordered from reception. All the staff we meet were lovely and helpful. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel because we ate the crepes down the road. The location was brilliant, next to a line 8 stop on the metro (tour de something) the area has a good feel day and evening.

Room Tip: the ones at the back of the hotel are bigger but the ones at the front have the view of the church w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilley L
Umina Beach, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Location & safe neighborhood-5 star
Convenient to Metro- 5 star
Room with view and comfort- 5 star
Staff-5 star (with an exception of one older women with dark brown hair who clearly found us to be a bother), shame as the other staff were warm & exceptional.
3 minutes walk to laundromat, restaurants and Rue Cler a must see.
Lift small-so what, it carried us and our luggage up three flights.
Paris 10 stars.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jilli22
Dear Jilli22,

thank you for you nice comment.

I am sorry to read you felt like a bother at some point with one of our collegue. I guess it is the lady of the breakfast aera. As you say, she is older and doesn't speak as good english as all the staff does and that is probably why you felt so.
She probably didn't quite understand what you needed.

I hope to welcome you again anyway :-)

Best regards and happy new year.

Charline
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I originally booked this hotel for 2 separate stays. For our arrival and then for departure after we returned to Paris from visiting the south of France. After the initial dates were booked we decided we wanted to arrive earlier and adjusted our visit to tack an additional day on to the beginning of our trip. Well when the time came to leave for our much anticipated trip we had issues with our departures from the states which left us still in the US when we were scheduled to be in Paris. I immediately contacted the hotel, to let them know we were not going to be arriving as scheduled. Long story short. We had to pay in FULL for the night we never set foot in the hotel. Although livid with this I left our departure reservation in tact as I did not want the hassle of canceling and finding another hotel after having had to sort out the drama of the rest of our trip since not arriving on time caused a domino affect of a royal mess.

Now about the hotel. It was lovely. The building, the rooms, the hallways all had the Paris charm I wanted in a hotel. The rooms a very well decorated. The beds absolutely comfortable, even the cot they placed in a awkward part of the room. I booked a "triple" room, which was obviously just a double with the added cot. Surprisingly the cot was just as comfortable as our plush double bed. The room was tight but manageable. The bathroom was also lovely. Very modern, clean and beautifully redone. We had no complaints about the hotel, just their policies. I understand there was a set cancellation period, but they had no mercy on us when something happened that was completely out of our control. Would I stay here again? If not for the policy I would not hesitate to say yes. But because they did not work with us I would never return which is a pity because we very much enjoyed our stay. I hope you have no misfortunes with your arrival, they'll just take your money without a care.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family