“Delightful hotel, great location, excellent room and bathroom”

Hotel de l'Empereur
Ranked #347 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a total of seven nights in August, three of them on a Rick Steves tour. The hotel is charming and the rooms and bathrooms are spacious. The elevator is tiny, but we used the stairs most of the time. The lobby is small, but lovely with small chairs and tables. The location is perfect both for sights within walking distance (Eiffel Tower, L'Invalides, Napoleons's tomb, Rodin Museum, Arc de Triomphe, Rue Cler, etc.) and near the Metro. Pasco, the restaurant across the street was suberb! The staff was so helpful in keeping our wine cool in their refrigerator, letting us borrow a bottle opener, etc. The breakfasts were very good. We loved everything about the hotel and would recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a number ending in 4 (24, 34, 44, 54, 64) for a room facing the golden do!me of N...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Barbara K

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Loved everything about the hotel exept for the tiny elevator that fits one person at a time with their luggage.

The only staff we met was the front desk guy and he was very friendly and helpful for recommendations of places to eat etc.

Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is quaint but very charming, with an extremely friendly staff and an incredible location, walking distance from most main attractions and within a block or two of some of the best dining in Paris!

The rooms, as I mentioned, are small but very clean and well-designed. They have central air and ours had a great view of the Invalides from the fifth floor. The rooms also have flat panel tvs with cable (not that you need it in this city!) and spacious, modern bathrooms.

There were some quirks we didn't love, such as having to give our room key to the front desk when we left and not being allowed to opt out of maid service, but these didn't detract from our stay nor do they prevent me from giving a 5 star review because I really don't think you can get a better hotel for the money in Paris and it really helped make our vacation extra special.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Lttletimmy
Reviewed August 15, 2012

As soon as we entered in the L'Empereur I thought I would dislike the hotel mainly because of the lobby which was not OK. But when we saw the room we were very glad. The bed was large and very comfortable, the bathroom and the room were very modern and everything was very clean! Our room had an amazing view from the “Invalides”! The location is perfect, just some steps from the The Invalides, Eifel Tower and the subway. There is also a two small Carrefour near the hotel which is very convenient to buy some stuff like water, juices, snacks and sandwiches. The Cler Street is very close to Hotel and I would hardly recommend start and finish the day passing by there. There are lot of cafes and shops with fresh fruits. It’s perfect!!!
I have only one complain about the hotel. As a break my staying in L'Empereur in two different dates, I stayed in two different rooms. The first 4 nights we stayed in the room number 62 which was better than the second one (number 52). From the room 52 we could hear some noises when other guests use the bathroom as well as from the streets. This not happened when we were in the room number 62!
To became perfect the hotel could offer a small refrigerator as well as more english speaking channels. But a part of that I would definitely recommend this nice hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deiamm
empereurparis, Propriétaire at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Deiamm,

thank you very much for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us and I hope to welcome you again some day.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

What a wonderful find! My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on an anniversay trip (My 5th visit to Paris/His 1st). There are NO negatives to this hotel - Just SO much unexpectedly and wonderfully special about it. The private bathroom is modern and very well organized to fit in perfectly with the available space. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable. Eletrical outlets were plentiful and conveniently located. Since Paris was experiencing a very warm spell, we were thankful for the elevator and air conditioning. The front desk was also helpful, especially helping us translate food menues from French to English (and keeping an eye out for our lost luggage being delivered by the airline). And if you are smart/lucky enough to get a room overlooking the Invalides, be prepared to be tempted to stay in your room because the view is incredible with the light and colors changing with each passing hour. Be aware its location is more in a residential area of Paris, so no nightlife nearby and about a 4 block walk to the metro - But oh so quiet at night for a restful sleep (We even able to leave our balcony door open for the fresh air some nights)! Even though it is centrally located and accessible to major sites (Eiffel Tower, Orsay and Rodin museums, etc.), just be prepared to walk a bit. Like most 3* hotels in Paris, the rooms were not huge, the elevator was just large enough for one person with luggage or two persons, the open floor space around the bed minimal. But anyone who might be critical just doesn't understand the difference in hotel standards internationally. I realize this review is being submitted late but wanted to share after recommending to a friend who stayed in 2 rooms with 2 adults/2 teenagers in July 2012 and raved about it, letting me know it was their best hotel during a 2 week trip to Italy and France.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra $ to book a balcony room with an Invalide view - the views and photos are amaz...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AnnCan_8
empereurparis, Propriétaire at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear AnnCan_8,

thank you for your nice comment.
I am please to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be very happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is cleanest and most freindly hotel I Paris I keep coming back to this and the sister hotel the Mugeut because they are the he standard has never droped in the past 15 years I would recomend to anyone Its central location means all the sites are in easy walking distance

Room Tip: The ones with aview are superb
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jackdaw1

Dear Jackdaw1,

I thank you very much for you review.

I really hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in Hotel de L'Empereur for 3 nights in the end of May, 2012. The hotel is beautifully located just next to the "Les Invalides" where the highly recommendable French war museum is situated.

By first entering the hotel lobby, we were a little sceptic since it was rather narrow and not very beautifully decorated. The staff working there, however, was friendly and spoke good English. The room itself located on the fourth floor was surprisingly clean and really nice, albeit rather narrow. There was a flat screen tv, but with very few english speaking channels unfortunately. The bed was large and comfortable, and since it was warm we could sleep with the window open. We also had a lovely view of Les Invalides from our window.

The area surrounding the hotel is refreshingly quiet away from the tourist hordes. There is a variety of typically Parisian "Brasseries" scattered around the hotel in the different streets well worth a visit. When in Paris, however, watch out for the beer which is very expensive (8-9 Euros for a pint!) Go for the wine instead.

In spite of its quiet location, the hotel is situated perfectly in the middle of the city, with the Eifel Tower, the Louvre and the Latin Quarters within walking distance. Otherwise there is a metro station just minutes from the hotel, however traveling by metro in Paris also takes some time, considering the obligatory kilometer long transit-walks underground between different lines.

All in all, we highly recommend this clean, well-located and fairly cheap hotel in Paris for anyone who's going there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of "Les Invalides"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hugo N

Dear hugoN83,

thank you to have taken time to write your review.

I am glad you found our hotel nice and well located.

I hope to welcome you again.