“Safe, clean and quiet retreat to rest your feet!!”

Hotel de l'Empereur
Ranked #254 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
United Kingdom
“Safe, clean and quiet retreat to rest your feet!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My new husband and I stayed her for our honeymoon, and we were both delighted with our choice of hotel. The location is fabulous, being a two minute walk from a metro, in a clean safe neighbourhood that is close enough to shops and restaurants, but quiet and safe at night. The rooms were nicely decorated as was the rest of the hotel,had comfy beds, TV, free WIFI, and the reception staff were lovely!

You will learn when you visit that the city of Paris that you have to be alert at all times, not only to take in the beautiful sights, but also that there are gypsies trying to flog you stuff everywhere you go. However, once you step up the La Tour Maubourg metro and walk down the pretty boulevard to the hotel, all the worries melt away and you can truly relax and re charge.

Breakfast we felt was satisfactory for 11E, although if you get there a bit later you may have to do without croissants-we also thought that tea and coffee facilities in the rooms would be a nice touch after a busy day.

The only other comment I have is that the cleaning staff start very early, and whilst I am aware that they have a job to do, the walls are quite thin and I was woken up by them most mornings not long after 8am, and on the morning of our departure, we were hoping for a lie in and this didnt happen. There are also no 'dont not disturb' signs, just little buttons on the door that we were not sure if they worked or not. I slept in my full pjs just incase!

That said, I would highly recommend this hotel to any friends staying in Paris for its safe and welcoming ambience.

Bon Voyage!

Room Tip: If you can spare the extra cash, ask for a room with a view of the Invalides...stunning!
1 Thank unlikelyrose89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was satisfied with our stay here. Clean room, comfortable beds, and it has a lift (small). Very near a metro, and you will appreciate that metro stop after walking all over Paris. Pasco Restaurant is just across the street. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here Sept. 8-12, 2011. We loved this hotel for many reasons: It had recently been renovated and the rooms were very, very nice. Beds, baths and A/C were all great, and spotlessly clean. Very nice breakfast, too. But the best part of this Hotel is the gracious and friendly service provided by both Remy and Hakim, both of whom speak excellent English. Remy helped us with a medical need by suggesting we start with a Pharmacist nearby, who could recommend a Doctor. At check-out, Hakim made sure our taxi to CDG was waiting at 6:10 am Monday morning, that we got wake-up calls (the 2nd call to make sure we were up) and that our coffee was waiting for us prior to leaving, even though breakfast doesn't start until 7:00. These two gentlemen make this hotel very, very special, as they truly care about each and every guest. We were very impressed and will stay here again! Merci, Remy and Hakim!

We also loved the Rue Cler/Rue de la Motte Piquet neighborhood. It is very "livable" with grocery store, laundry, dry cleaners, pharmacies and doctors, etc. We patronized them all and everyone was very friendly and helpful. There were also many nice restaurants and shops we patronized when not sight-seeing. The hotel is well-located one short block from Metro station La Tour Marbourg, right across from the Invalides. We booked a room with a beautiful view of Les Invalides' majestic dome and it was breathtaking both day and night. In short, we recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: Request a view of Les Invalides and you will not be disappointed!
1 Thank Cathy W
Brea, California
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just got back from 17 days in Europe with my 16 yr old grandson (I'm the grandma). London, Liverpool, Amsterdam & Pairs. Paris-what can I say-absolutely enchanting. My 3rd visit, his 1st. Our room was called Twin room - Romantic with shower-View of Les Invalides and what a view! We opened the drapes and there was Napoleon's Tomb gold dome extravaganza staring back at us in all its glory-just fabulous! I couldn't stare at it enough. Now, back to the room-I would call it "quirky" and "interesting." There was a safe in the closet-very handy and appreciated. The beds were extremely comfortable-a top priority of mine. Flat screen TV, also a nice touch. It was beautifully decorated and here is the quirky part. There was a door/tiny room with only a toilet in it. Hum, no sink, no fan, no soundproofing-I am sure you understand what I am saying. We made a deal that if someone went into the toilet, the TV went on. The shower which was black marble, a huge rain shower head, big and beautiful was in another area off the bedroom...and no door! Quirky, definitely. There was a heavy duty black-out drape across the doorway. It did match the drapes across the windows...but one could hear everything going on in the shower/sink area. Funky, yes. The prettiness of the room and beauty of the restroom did outweigh the awkwardness of sharing with my grandson. We managed. The location was perfect. We used the metro, just down the block La Tour Maurbourg or sometime Ecole Militarie. Great restaurants all around the area and a nice grocery store too. The front desk personnel were accommodating, knowledgeable, and very nice. The Free Wi-Fi worked most of the time. Would have to log-on several times though. A little annoying, but not that big a problem. I did use the lobby computer to print my boarding passes-this worked fine once I understood the keyboard. Would I stay here again - most definitely. Would I recommend this to my friends and family-absolutely. It is a real find and I love this area. We walked to the Eiffel Tower-easy and felt safe at night. The hop-on/off bus is located just in front of Les Invalides, so easy to use too. Stay here-you'll love it!

2 Thank Faye G
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We have stayed there just for a week but we loved the place, the ambiance and the staff. The refined taste of the hotelier emanates everywhere: the rooms' decor and design, the ingenius choice of the curtains, the comfortable classic furniture. The beds were refreshingly white and clean, the bed-linen was of very good quality. The ambiance of the breakfast (only 11 euros extra) with almost nobody bothering you was syntonizing the home. The staff was very friendly, helpful and unobtrusive. The location is great - the rue Chevert is quiet and takes you straight to avenue La Motte-Piquet that brings you to Champs de Mars and Eiffel Tower. All that creates the ambient atmosphere for guests, light and refreshing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
empereurparis, Propriétaire at Hotel de l'Empereur, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Aartemyev,

thank you very much to have added your very nice comment.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards.

Catherine Pelletier
Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is a very nice hotel - the staff are attentive & helpful, and speak English well. Our room was very clean, and temperature was well controlled (in the hot summer). The bathrooms are particularly nice. Also this neighborhood (Rue Cler area) comes off as safe and clean. We would definitely recommend it to others.

Dear Greg M,

thank you very much to have added your very nice comment.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards.

Catherine Pelletier
Lancaster, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We went to Paris for my parents' 50th anniversary and stayed 5 nights at Hotel de L'Empereur. Hakim and Remy who were the hotel's guest service representatives were great. We had Remy during the morning and afternoons while Hakim worked the evenings. They both made me and my family feel welcomed and comfortable throughout the stay.

The rooms are much bigger than most Europeans hotels but still may feek a bit small for some. I can tell you the value of the hotel was realized very quickly when you looked at the size of your rooms, the cleanliness of the hotel and the sincere desire to make your trip memorable.

The area we stayed was a bit away from some of the major sites but that was not a big deal since you could travel the Metro which was right near the hotel. In fact some of the other areas were somewhat dirty and contained graffiti so we felt more relaxed and at times safer at our hotel.

Within a very short distance we found a small grocery store (opened to 10pm) to purchase wine (bottles of wine around 4 euros or less) and cheese (sampled many different varieties with crackers) which we ate as a family every evening in the downstairs dining area. There is no eating in the rooms which at first was a little different but then you quickly realize it is a policy in place to maintain the quaility of the sleeping quarters. No one wants stains on the carpet or other areas of their room.

There are also a few small cafe and restaurants within walking distance to eat all of the meals. Can not remember the name of one which was not worth going to (believe it was La Costa or something similiar it had red awnings); had bad food and prices were high, will try to review that later.

Walking distance to Napolean's Museum, Effeil Tower and a few other areas but again took the Metro to most places. Also be prepared to walk a lot unless you are going to just relax at cafe' all day long. Averaged roughly 10 -12 miles per day of walking when all was said and done.

Thanks again to the managment of Hotel de L'Empereur, as well as Remy and Hakim for a excellent time in Paris. My family are grateful for your hospitality and willingness to help us with every aspect of our trip.

Room Tip: Beds were very comfortable and rooms clean
2 Thank chris k