Hotel des Grands Hommes
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
1,730 results
All reviewsluxembourg gardenslatin quarterplace du pantheonluxembourg rerrue mouffetardthe hotel stafflovely hotelexcellent locationsuperior roomcdg airportleft bankshort walkthe hotel websiterer bquiet at nightsmall balconyaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days after a river cruise. What a great experience! My usual style is to stay in an American type hotel but since this was my wife's birthday, she wanted to stay at a charming French hotel. Our room was somewhat smaller than a Marriott, but was very nice and certainly adequate. The A/C worked very well and the bed was very comfortable. We had a small balcony overlooking the Pantheon with a table and 2 chairs - perfect for a drink before dinner. The staff was wonderful. I gave my wife a french birthday card and she took it to the desk for interpretation. Someone at the desk took notice and when we returned after our day in Paris, there was a note that they had provided a bottle of Champagne for her birthday. It really made her special day even more special. Breakfast was very good with great quality and freshness. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed for 6 nights end of June. The location is good - 2 blocks to luxemborg gardens and close to a few metro stops, many cafes and restaurants nearby. Our 2nd floor room was ridiculously small - you couldn't even open your luggage except on the bed - but they do utilize the space they have by providing storage in 2 cupboards. The bed pretty much took up the whole room. The bathroom was fine - actually very large compared to the bedroom. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, room was clean and the a/c was strong as it was very hot when we were there, shower pressure was good and always had hot water. The employees were cordial - but that's about it. No one went above and beyond to make our stay special. Mostly there was one person on staff - so you waited if you had a question. Elevator was broken for 2 of the nights. There are probably nicer places to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Nice little hotel, excellent location, very clean but small room (like most Paris hotel rooms) with small balcony. Pleasant, helpful staff. At € 208 per night, rather expensive. Ask for a room with a view on the Pantheon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Advocate7
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I'm usually not such a fussy person when it comes to hotels, especially in Paris, my expectations are pretty low. The Grands Hommes didn't work for me. You are paying for location and a big bathroom. If anything goes wrong, don't expect them to help. I got in to Paris on a very hot Monday evening (35C) and the a/c in the room didn't work. I went down to the desk to ask if there was anything they could do. They could have the maintenance man look at it tomorrow morning. I'm serious it was like a sauna in there. Well, you can sleep with the balcony door open? We do it all the time in Paris. Finally I asked him to come up and look and see if I did something wrong with the thermostat, but he said he could not in any circumstance leave the desk unattended, as he was the only employee of the hotel there at the moment. So finally he called the hotel next door to see if they had a room for me, and they did, but then, they called and said it was taken. So I went up and fiddled with it, but got nowhere, finally I went down to the desk and sat there for a half hour and he called the hotel next door and voila! the room that was taken is now open, so they sent me next door for the night, but I had to come back over for the next 2 nights. It was kind of a nightmare,

So then the last night I'm there, there's a different guy on the night shift, and again, he is the only one in the hotel. The elevator is broken, which was not too bad, as I was on the 3rd floor, but I pity the poor folks on the 6th floor. Anyway, I called down for a wakeup call, and there's no answer. I let it ring for 5 minutes, and no answer, so I go down the stairs and he's outside having a smoke with the guy from the other hotel. I tell you, for 200 Euros a night, I expect the only guy on duty to answer my call, especially when the elevator is not working.

So my take on this is I'm really not too impressed with the managemant of the Rive Gauche Hotel chains, and the Grands Hommes is way overrated on this survey. If you have no trouble mechanically, it's a pretty nice place. They are understaffed at night though, and the people they have hired as their night crew are not very good at customer service, and they have been given no authority to make customers happy at any cost.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ApolloMN
PLPelletier, Front Office Manager at Hotel des Grands Hommes, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2010

Dear Guest,

First of all, I want to thank you for having taken time to review our hotel

I would like to assure you that I paid a great deal of attention to your comments. I am really sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay at the hotel, and
I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The satisfaction of our guests is our utmost priority, I am sincerely sorry that we were not up to your expectations.

I really hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you our professionalism and also the quality of our service and accommodation.

If you decide to come back, I will personally be at your complete disposal to make sure you get the best room and a very special rate.

Best regards.

Marie Jose HERY
Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2010

All perfect and I am very fussy. The bed and pillows were the best I have ever slept on even better than at home! Room was spotless and very tastfully decorated. Staff very helpful and efficient, spoke very good English.The area around the Hotel is very clean and smart. The view out of our window was magnificent.
We had breakfast there and it was as good as any cafe and was actually worth the money compared to most hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple