“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #146 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Hepburn Springs, Australia
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My teenage daughter and I spent two nights here in October. We had a lovely fourth floor room with geranium filled window box overlooking the Pantheon. Personally, I liked the style of decoration, fabrics, wallpaper etc, kind of what I imagined an old-world Paris hotel should be. The room was not large, but Paris hotel rooms aren't large I'm told, so we enjoyed the well put together cosiness for what it was and simply looked out the window at the amazing view! The location is extremely good, just walk out the door and head in any direction to many different interesting parts of Paris, both left bank and right. I'm much more of a B&B and guesthouse type person in general, but I found this hotel small and intimate enough to have a personal touch.

Room Tip: Choose a front room with a view. Where else but Paris can you look at the window at such a grand sta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Hebrew first
Sydney
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed in this gorgeous boutique hotel last May and loved it so returned here in August. I also stayed here for three nights on my own when he had a bucks weekend. I LOVE this hotel.
The staff are so helpful with recommendations and advice in navigating Paris.
The location is ideal! Walking distance from so many great places. Metro travel also easy from here. It helps having a hotel so close to such a huge landmark that you can always find your way back on the map!!
I look forward to my next trip to Paris (whenever that may be in the future) to stay in this hotel again.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra for a room with the view of the Pantheon!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CozSydney
Bussum, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel has ok rooms, some of them with a great view. The staff is very friendly and of great help (if you need). Best of all is its location at the place the pantheon near the jardin du luxembourg. Its a great starting point to visit paris. Can recommend a very nice vietnamese restaurant nearby. Bonjour vietnam has only 4 tables but a lot of atmosphere and great food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dickvanmastrigt
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our first year of marriage in Paris and we stayed at Hotel des Grands Hommes. We had the most wonderful experience, never to be forgotten! The hotel is truly lovely, small, but beautifully decorated and very friendly staff. The location cannot be beaten. I will be recommending this hotels to friends and family!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsGehle
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

my wife and i celebrated our 10 year anniversary by spending 5 nights in paris. We were on the 5th floor facing the pantheon. the room was on the small side but still had a desk and 2 small closets. the bed was great and the view unbelievable. the balcony is small but very nice to have. we found all the staff at the hotel extremely friendly and helpfu, i forgot my sunglasses and they e-mailed me to let me know and mailed them back to me!! loved the location, close to many things including metro acces. would definitely recommend this hotel. excellent value for paris.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is located right in the Latin Quarter, on the big square containing the Pantheon – an ornate memorial to the “grands hommes” (great men) of France. Many Sorbonne / University of Paris buildings lie within a few blocks. Numerous stylish shops and busy restaurants are close at hand.

Our room was fairly spacious and tastefully decorated. And the elegant bathroom was huge. Everything was quite clean. We stayed there two nights. The front desk staff was very helpful and quite conversant in English (although you were welcome to try out a little French). The small lobby is decorated in a classical style, giving the place a slightly formal feeling. The staff generally provides a very high level of service and takes obvious pride in their hotel. (Our only uncomfortable moment came when we were chided for being “late” for breakfast, even though we arrived 25 minutes before the posted closing time. The front desk later apologized for the misunderstanding.) The cost is somewhat high, but you're paying for a very central location.

We thought two nearby sights were especially worthwhile. (1) Luxembourg Gardens (a few blocks west) provides amazing people watching. It’s a beautiful park. But it’s also this great gathering place. There are hundreds of free-standing chairs, which people use to sit in circles and visit. (2) There’s a wonderfully thriving restaurant scene that’s tucked away on back streets. It runs for fifteen intensely fascinating blocks, half way between Blvd. St. Germain and the Seine River – starting a few blocks east of the Abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Pres.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Island_Wave
Westmont
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were at the hotel for three nights. Our room was on level 5, with a terrace, on the Pantheon side. The view was excellent as the people in the plaza appeared in the morning and disappeared in the evening like a tide coming and going. This hotel has everything. Perfect touring location, a great accommodating staff, comfortable, clean, beautiful decor and close to a variety of good cafes and restaurants. The room was somewhat small but very adequate for our needs. Being a small hotel, there was even no wait for the elevator. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Fifth level rooms on the Pantheon side have a small terrace.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple