“Loved the Pantheon!”

Ranked #149 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Adelaide, Australia
“Loved the Pantheon!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We caught the Eurostar from London and arrived at the Paris Gare Du Nord station at around 4pm. Finding the hotel was not hard, being the first time in Paris we simply went to the ticket counter and bought 10 tickets for €12.70 as we were only there for 3 days and 2 nights, looked at the map and caught the RER B line to Robinson and got off at the Luxembourg station (more information: http://www.transilien.com/web/site). We booked the classic room with no view on the hotel website a month beforehand to take advantage of the special online Spring 12 offer, but were upgraded to the classic room with a view of the Pantheon on arrival at no extra cost - this was after declining their offer to upgrade to a room with a view. The room was clean, colourful and cosy. May be considered small for some but I thought it was fine. Our classic room had one double bed which filled one entire section of the room - not much space to move around, a sofa to sit and relax. It also had a safe so we used it to store our passport. There was a small balcony to which we could sit and look at the Pantheon or air our laundry. The free wifi was not great for skyping - kept cutting out, but otherwise it was enough to be able to check emails or use viber on a smartphone. The hotel staff were very friendly and provided us with the local map of Paris and highlighted the top places to visit when we asked. We loved coming back to the hotel with a view of the Pantheon every night and we also felt quite safe as the road was always brightly lit! And despite the night crowd at the Pantheon across us (bank holiday meant that young adults congregated in front of the Pantheon just to sit around and talk), but noise was not an issue once the windows were closed. The hotel was only 5 mins away from the RER Luxembourg line depending which exit you took sometimes it felt like 7mins, and dragging our luggage on arrival and departure was no problem. On the first day, we walked from our hotel to Notre Dame which took between 20-30mins. In 3 days we were able to visit the top tourist attractions - Notre Dame, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Moulin Rouge, Galleries La Fayette, L'Opera, Les Invalides, Arc De Triomphe and of course the Pantheon. There were probably more cheaper hotels to stay at, but we were happy with everything else, and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank aymesnation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Hebrew first
Parma, Italy
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very pleasant stay! Staff is really friendly with pleasing manners and very efficient too. Rooms are very nice. They are small but very elegant, clean and very well maintained. I highly recommend it and I will surely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms are all very quite
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Small friendly hotel located in a quiet area with very nice view of the Panheon. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are rather small but nicely decorated, comfortable and cozy. Breakfast is good. We celebrated my husband's birthday during our stay and they offered a half bottle of champagne. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back have no nice view but are very quiet.
2 Thank Rose L
Athens, Greece
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days in April 2010, having travelled from Strasbourg, being stranded in Paris by the volcanic explosion in Iceland. I had stayed in other hotels of this chain before and highly recommend it. I also prefere staying near the Pantheon, which is I think, one of the most beautiful of many beautiful locations in Paris. The hotel was fine and the reception staff very friendly and accomodating - they not only not charge me more in exploiting my situation but helped me in any way they could. My room was small but then this is expected in Paris. It was nicely decorated in a traditional but not stuffy way - and the bathroom was airy and pleasant. I only give this hotel four points because there are better hotels in the world, but would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank PeripateticJohn
toronto
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is the second of the 5 hotels this group operate in Paris that we've stayed at and we're always very pleased.Front desk staff is fabulous.Nothing is too much trouble for them.Rooms are very cozy(read small)but beautifully decorated and very comfortable and very well maintained.Try to get a room facing the Pantheon.

Room Tip: Get one facing the Pantheon.It is not a noisy area at night and the view is spectacular
1 Thank luvtogoToronto
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was my 3rd trip to Paris, but my husband's first, so we wanted a central location in a walkable neighborhood. The location was excellent - plenty of decent cafes, a bank, a market. We skipped the breakfast and went to the very friendly bakery behind the hotel. The metro was a five minute walk and was fine with luggage, but if you have trouble carrying your luggage up metro steps, you might want to arrange transportation. The staff were some of the nicest of any of the hotels I've stayed at in Europe and all spoke excellent English. We stayed in room 53, which was small but very clean and recently redone. It had a stocked mini fridge and looked out on to a courtyard (which was nice for privacy). I think the hotel actually looks nicer than the pictures. I also was pleasantly surprised by the free internet access. My only reservations on giving this place 5 starts (I would give it 4.5) was that I thought the breakfast was overpriced for what it was, the room got a little stuffy so we had to sleep with the windows open, they don't have irons in the room, and on our first morning there was a fire alarm. It wasn't particularly early, about 10:30am, but we were jet lagged so it was a little bit annoying. I realize a fire alarm isn't really the hotel's fault. Overall I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to any of my friends - especially couples looking for quiet and privacy.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor at the end of the hall which opened to a courtyard - it was cheaper and I...
1 Thank KristenMLCoe
Manhasset, NY
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Everything we could want in a Paris hotel. Location, comfort, decor and friendly informative staff.

Room Tip: Hotel is on Pantheon square. Our room on the third floor was overlooking a courtyard and very quiet...