Stayed in Room 22 after reading an earlier Trip Advisor review that recommended that room and a Lonely Planet recommendation. Both wife and I happy we stayed there. Basic, clean accommodations overall in a great location, with the following considerations (some of which may apply only to Room 22):
- Great, central location.
- Clean, bright, modern bathroom.
- Pretty, blue wallpaper.
- On the 4th floor, so lots of stairs and no elevator.
- Small balcony, which would be great in a warmer season (we stayed there in a cold, wet November).
- Just a small room safe and a tiny TV with poor reception; not much else in terms of amenities.
- Staff was not rude, but neither were they especially cheery (most importantly, they let us keep our luggage in the lobby after we checked out, which was the only special request that we made).
If, like us, you're looking for a clean place to stay in a great location and don't need all the bells and whistles of a fancy room, consider this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a 17th century old mansion situated in a very quiet street, Hotel du Lys is one of the best offers in Paris for its location, services and reasonable prices. It is located on the left bank, in a stone’s throw from the Seine river, and in walking distance of Notre-Dame, the Louvre, the Sorbonne, the Luxembourg 's garden, Saint Germain des Prés, Beaubourg, Saint Louis island, Invalides, Sainte Chapelle and the Musee d’Orsay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel du Lys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Lys Hotel
- Du Lys Paris