I stayed at the Relais Christine for business from Jan 17th – Jan 22nd.
On the plus side:
1) The staff is courteous, helpful and efficient
2) I had two small problems with my room (TV and the Safe) that were corrected quickly.
3) The rooms were extremely clean and well kept. The queen bed was large and comfortable
4) The rooms were large by European Standards. . If travelling with children you could fit a cot in the room although I’m not sure if Cot’s are available.
5) The bathroom was beautiful. large and included a Hot Towel Rack, Large Shower with plenty of hot water, a bath tub that might have been a Jacuzzi (didn’t look that closely), 2 pairs of slippers, 2 very nice bathrobes and a powerful hair dryer.
6) The lobby was well appointed, comfortable and was easily used for business meetings.
7) The location is ideal for sightseeing as it is just about in the middle of Paris.
8) There were plenty of restaurants/shopping in the area. Sort of like the Village in Manhattan only nicer.
9) The breakfast in the hotel dining room consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, fruit and pastries.
10) The RER and several subway lines are close by.
11) When my Return Flight was cancelled I had no problem staying an extra day.
12) The free Wi-Fi was nice.
On the negative side
1) The walls are thin and noise (but not voices) traveled very easily from the adjacent rooms. Voices did travel from the courtyard which is the hotel entrance.
2) Several times a night the front door to my room rattled. I believe this happened when the wind was strong and the main hotel doors were opened. To solve this problem I stuck a small wash cloth under my door to keep it from moving.
3) I believe the above 2 problems were limited to courtyard rooms which is where I stayed. Try and get a room on the upper floors.
4) Like everything else in Paris the Breakfast was overpriced.
5) The Business Center had a PC but I did not see a Printer.
6) Intermittently I lost Cell Service/Internet on my Smart Phone. But this happened all over Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Relais Christine, built on the foundations of a 13th-century abbey, is your Left Bank peaceful haven. Behind the gate is a cosy world and an ambiance of fine antiques. The 48 guest rooms and suites, all individually decorated, are stylish comfortable, some of them with a private terrace on the garden. Enjoy a peaceful haven in the garden or unwind after a day of sightseeing in the hotel's spa with exclusive treatments. Bicycles are available for guests to use free of charge, as well as a convertible Fiat 500 for a small extra fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Relais Christine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Christine Hotel Paris
- Relais Christine Paris