“Disappointing meal. There are better places for authentic French food.”
Review of Le Florentin

Le Florentin
Reserve with
Le Florentin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,545 of 18,471 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were guided to this restaurant after our Sandemans walking tour and the food and service was disappointing.

We chose from a set menu. The starter of onion soup was alright, but came with more bread than actual onion soup! The beef bourguiognon was actually lumpy cheap (I suspect tinned...) meat with about 2 slices of mushrooms and a dollop of plain macaroni pasta! (I saw some tables with penne...) I wish I had taken a picture. It needs to be seen to be believed.

We waited nearly an hour trying to get the waiters attention for the bill. Apparently in France, you don't get service unless you ask for it. Fine, but when you are literally hanging off your chair for an hour trying to get a drink or bill it's a bit much.

We berated ourselves for having gone there. Its a tourist trap.

1  Thank kittyketreid

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

At the conclusion of our Sandemans walking tour we had the opportunity to have a lunch at this small restaurant /tavern in Rue St. Florentin. Good value 2 course lunch for 12 Euros which today consisted of Beef Bourgignon and pasta followed by a sugar and lemon crepe. Very serious older husband and wife waiters made me feel a little uneasy but this is possibly characteristic of some French people. I think we got a smile at the end when we paid the bill but don't think I would rush back again. However today it was convenient, good value and fast service.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you've walked down the Champs Elysees or up the Rue de Rivoli to Place de la Concorde then you may be ready for lunch. This little brasserie is a gem. It's off the north-east corner going towards Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré. With the bar on your right and tables ahead and to your left it gets busy at lunchtimes. The place is popular with business people and has its regulars. It's best to sit where you're told or else the owner will frown and she'll ignore you. Order a glass of wine and study the menu - nothing flash but plenty of choices of salads, sandwiches, omelettes and meat dishes. Check the daily specials board. Today we both had a ham omelette with salad, a glass of sauvignon blanc, a glass of chablis and one coffee. There was no rush, the waitress checked on us regularly and the food was delicious. It was a great experience - again. We paid 41,50€ and left a tip. Was it worth it? Yes definitely. Une bonne adresse. Allez-y !!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I normally do not write poor reviews, but the service was not very friendly and the food was average at best. Perhaps this venue caters more towards their regulars than tourists. I would keep walking as Paris has so many great places to choose from.

1  Thank ZTS
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went on a walking tour of Paris and at the end, if we wanted, we were invited to this restaurant afterwards. I ordered a Croque Monsieur with a side salad and a Coke light and my bill totaled to €16,6. The salad was alright (I'm not a huge salad person.. I really just ordered it so I would have vegetables) and the Croque Monsieur was divine! It's hard to go wrong when you order one. Our waiter was okay, too. I am anglophone but have studied french all my life and he kindly listened to me without insisting I speak English like I hear many do. I didn't get a crêpe but my friend got the chocolate one, and it was just oozing with dark chocolate! Yum.