“have returned again and again”
Review of Le Casse Noix

Le Casse Noix
Ranked #270 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
california
“have returned again and again”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Love this little restaurant on the other side of the Champs de Mar. Have eaten here each time I come to Paris, last time with six friends, and it did not disappoint. Portions are perfect, and the food is wonderful. Small, very French country restaurant. Make reservations, and enjoy,

• Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant with tasty food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a great restaurant, very popular so you will need to book. Food is tasty and well priced. The staff are very helpful, understanding that sadly our French might not be fluent. Was recommended to us and certainly frequent by local clientele, which can't be a bad thing.

Burnaby, Canada
“Inventive preparation, helpful wait staff”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We picked this restaurant based on a Frommer's listing. Though we phoned well after seven, they managed to squeeze us in for nine in the evening. The day had been warm, and inside the restaurant was quite toasty, so we were pleased to sit outside at one of two little tables squeezed onto the sidewalk. The waiter managing the service patiently explained the rather complex board and the set menu. Both he and the young lady who brought our food and cleared our plates were pleasant and helpful. (My high school French was once decent. Sadly, no more...and I'm further limited by severe hearing impairment. My companion doesn't speak it at all.)

The food is creatively prepared and presented. I didn't realize what translates as a pork hash with mashed potatoes is the delicious equivalent of shepherd's pie made with pork instead of the traditional mutton or more common ground beef! My companion had a beautifully prepared main course of whitefish. Desserts were also excellent. I had "rice with milk," sort of a rice pudding with a rich caramel sauce on the side. Though the serving was huge, and I was sure I wouldn't be able to manage more than half, I found myself digging in for one last morsel at least a couple of times after I'd told myself to stop.

Compared to a hotel-recommended brasserie the night before, this was out-of-the-ordinary food at a much better price.

Paris, France
“Disappointed-way over-priced”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Misrepresentation of the wine should have served as a warning. The formula for lunch was nonexistent since each item had an additional supplement to be added to the price. Our waiter was morose and noncommunicative, made NO effort to speak English or to understand our French-even in this touristy area.

12 Thank 917UL
“Good but not enough”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Finding polite waiter's in Paris is difficult but combining that with "you must take a full menu" is too much .

The place is a desert road, somehow popped up as road grass. Food is good but I can tell you it's not worth the price considering the 30degrees temperature and tiny table - paris has better to offer

• Visited July 2013