“Outstanding service, excellent food!”
Review of Chez Fernand

Chez Fernand
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Chez Fernand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,211 of 18,127 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had eaten once before at Chez Fernand, a couple of years before, and we returned with a friend. Everything was as we recalled: overwhelmingly professional, cheerful, attentive service; top-notch traditional bistrot atmosphere; excellent varied menu; well-chosen wine list; and, finally, wonderful food. We started with the salad with warm goat cheese, then had magret de canard and carré d'agneau. All was cooked to perfection. Our desserts--crumble aux pommes and crème brûlée, were exquisite. We will be back Chez Fernand on our next visit to Paris.

1  Thank Redlichkeit

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Small place, sat in the back room which was a little tight, but the meal was fantastic. The veal chop with a mushroom sauce was a stand out for the group. Our waiter had a great sense of humor and we met some interesting people since the seating was so tight, it was a fun evening, would definitely recommend this one.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had read the reviews and this restaurant was in walking distance from our hotel so seemed a good choice, however ... My husband and I both ordered the cote de boeuf with pepper sauce. Mine was very good however my husbands was very overlooked and very tough to the point he could not eat it. Our waiter was nowhere in site to be even able to flag him down and advise him. When he finally arrived, I was done my meal and my husnand explained that his steak wasn't edible. The server did offer another steak dinner but by this time the meal was done. We ordered a dessert and when the bill came there was no recognition of the problem ( although this may be a north American policy. When my husband said he didn't feel he should pay for a bad steak the server said it wasn't his fault and he could have had another one. So a bad steak can happen anywhere but you don't want it to happen here cause the response was much less than expected

2  Thank PGP669
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a great place to get some good food with great ambiance! Lots of locals eat there so you know it is good. After dinner and wine walk the streets in the area which is loaded with bars and shops. This place was a graet find.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The staff at Hotel d'Aubusson recommended this restaurant. They made reservations for us and it was a good that they did. Even with reservations we had to wait for 20 minutes before being seated. The restaurant is so small that you must stand in the dinning room to wait for your table. The waiter was nice enough to give my wife and I a complimentary glass of wine while we waited.

When we were seated, we got a great table. The one right in front of the window is a perfect table for two. The food was very good. We went for the specials listed on the board. I had the duck breast which was cooked perfectly and my wife had the boeuf bourguignon. She enjoyed their interpretation but commented on the lack of carrots, onions, and mushrooms that she has found in other recipes. We had a very good bottle of wine recommended by the waiter that went perfectly with our meal.