“Hip and trendy taco bar!”
Review of Candelaria

Candelaria
Ranked #1,823 of 17,522 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This place should be kept a secret, because it is so authentic! A little bar in a quiet street in le marais. Freshly made taco's with the real South American vibe and flavor, that you top of with a beer,tequila or a marguerita... The price is a bit high but the charm makes up for it (3,5 euros for one taco). There is limited seating in the little kitchen.
Then you walk through the back door and come into the 'hidden bar area' with good music and yummy cocktails (12 euros/cocktail).
Will definitely come back !

There are newer reviews for Candelaria

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stopped in here for lunch and it was a hip, cozy little place. Kind of odd that you walk in through the kitchen area to get to the seating, but that was interesting. We ordered a few open-faced hard tacos (I got pork, and my husband got one mushroom and one cactus variety!). Mine were excellent, and my husband enjoyed his as well, and they were quite inexpensive. The drinks were a little weird (kind of a take on a traditional margarita, but I wasn't a fan of the one I got). It's a trendy little place in the Marais that was definitely worth going to try out something other than French food in Paris!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I have been in Paris for a while, and we were lokking for a good mexican place. Got recomended to "candelaria" by a friend. All i have to say is how delicious it all was!! Great tacos, guac & chips, house salsa, & black beans!!!! Dedinitely will be going back here soon. Get there early to beat the rush & after atay at the bar in the back for some drinks! Such a great little treasure to find!

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

After living in Paris for 3 yrs. Candelaria is simply one of my favorite places to go. During the day to have aome tacos and tostadas, but you should go at night. The amazing concept of a taqueria with a hidden door. Once you push the kitchen door you're welcomed to a bar with amazing cocktails.

Try the spicy concombre and cilantro drink

1  Thank Sara A
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This place was so cool. Not the type of place I would expect in Paris. Very hip little taco bar in the front of the place, with super limited seating. On a Sunday we had to leave at 830 and return at 930, to eat a couple of small tacos. Very limited selection of what to eat, they just offered two types of tacos. Very authentic and simple. Price not inflated as you may expect. Guacamole and chips were great, and the tacos were the most authentic I have had in Europe. In the US I eat Mexican a lot, but they don’t seem to get it right in France. At this spot, they got it right. There should be more places like this around. Behind the eating area, there is a bar that was packed on a Sunday night when we were leaving. I will be back, if I can get in.