“Yummy and reasonably priced”
Review of Candelaria

Candelaria
Ranked #2,128 of 17,863 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I live in Brussels and there is no decent Mexican food here. I was excited to go to Candelaria for lunch. We tried to get in for dinner but it was completely booked. The lunch menu is limited but everything we had tasted fresh and delicious. My favorite were the carnitas tacos.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband read about the best new bars in the world, and this was it. They are from the state and make handcrafted beautiful cocktails. At first we didn't think we had the right place as there is a taco stand that you walk through to get to the bar. The kids had a lovely mocktail. We had dinner around the corner at the Argentina restaurant which was great. We arrived an hour before the bar opened. This turn out to work out, because it got busy. The atmosphere was very hip and fun. The cocktails were on the spending side, but hey you're on vacation. Live a little.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I read about Candelaria in a travel magazine and we decided to check it out. After quite an interesting journey on the metro, we found our way and were quite surprised by what we found in this "restaurant" ... it was sooooo small and there was nowhere to sit! And the kitchen, well, it was a small stove behind the counter. The cook and server were behind the counter and drinks were served from a fridge. There are about 6 bar stools at the counter and one table that seats maybe 5 or 6! And on this night, it was jammed!

Nowhere to go, we stood at the door, confused for a few minutes. This was not what it looked like online. But I did remember reading about a nice bar... so we persisted and asked about that. The staff and other customers were very nice and helpful! We were pointed in the direction of a what appeared to be a white wall, but alas, a door which was barely noticeable lead us to a beautiful bar area.

We had a few drinks (including a beer made in Paris, alledgedly, and cocktails which were very good) and chips and guac (the only food available at the bar). We then stalked out some seats at the counter and once we secured them, we ordered all varieties of tacos - beef, corn and mushroom that night. The food was worth the wait. OMG. Everything was delicious. I could have eaten like 4 more of those tacos. And the guac was very good too.

A great night - and one of our favorite Paris memories.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Weird place, but good Mexican in a very tiny hole in the wall restaurant. Order the guac and the mushroom tacos (I know that sounds weird, but they were the best) Usually a menu of 3 or 4 items to pick from. Also a bar through a 3' door in the back. You can sit in the bar and eat, but you must order in the restaurant side.
If you like to travel and you are an artist follow my blog at: TheTravelingArtist.net

1  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband had to go here. It's cool to walk through the bright take-out-looking place and push through a door and suddenly you're in a dark candlelit room with stone walls -- it's fun but we're from NY and this sort of thing has been going on for a while. Our friend writes for Glittersnipe (and lives in Paris) and he recommended this place. Unfortunately my husband read the article first and just had to go (when I read it, I knew I couldn't like it) -- it's boring and we had to wait forever to get our drinks. Everyone looked chic and the people were nice but it was a been-there-don't-that-15-years-ago thing. There's another bar/cafe that I loved in the same article but I don't recall the name of the place.