“Great location great services”

Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards
Ranked #495 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hi
My husband and I stayed here last week and we really enjoyed it: money wise, location wise and "Paris wise" it was a very good experience. The hotel staff is very nice and helpful, the breakfast is ok - provided it is already included in the rate (otherwise, it is better to have breakfast in one of the the very many coffee shops or restaurants nearby), the room we got was big enough.

The best thing about it is without doubt its location: it is within walking distance from Grevin Museum, Louvre, Lafayette Galleries and even Triumphal Arch and Champs Elysees - if you really enjoy walking.

Should we visit Paris again, we will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ancatase
HIOPERA, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for leaving such a kind review on TripAdvisor.
It is indeed a pleasure to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us, and that you appreicated the kindness of our staff. We enjoy a perfect location in Paris, which lets our guests take advantage of all the main tourist attractions by foot.
I truly hope to be able to welcome you again among us,
Kindest regards

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We chose the hotel from pictures and comments on the site Trip Advisor
Modern hotel, very good service and very good location
Nice breakfast
Good size room very clean and perfectly adequate for a couple
We received excellent service at reception
Overall recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank צחי א

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you first of all for posting your lovely review. I am glad that you appreciated the kindness of our front desk staff, as our employees really do their best to go the extra mile and make our guests feel special. All of them will be delighted to read your review!
Do not hesitate to contact me should you be back in Paris, it will be a pleasure to welcome you again for your next stay in town.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Love the location of the hotel! Metro is literally a few steps outside of the hotels doorstep. There are a lot of restaurants nearby. Even supermarket and convenience store are a few step away. The room is quite big but the beds are too narrow. I think it's just a single bed rather than a twin bed. The bathroom is big too. Breakfast selection is quite bad. They have few choices. Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
it is a pleasure to read your review and find out that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud of the our location as it lets our guests reach every part of Paris very easily.
Concerning the bedding, we do not have king size beds but only queen size. For your next stay with us do not hesitate to book a Superior or en Executive room in order to take advantage of a 160 cm bed instead of a 140 cm bed as you have in Standard rooms.
I remain at your disposal should you need any further information,
Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here for easter holiday 18-21 april after looking at the picture of the room, price & read people's comments. I agree with them, this hotel is good for short holiday especially when you travel with children. There are many restaurants around and 2 mc Donalds just 500m left and right side the hotels. The room is ok for three of us, not so small. Fresh & newly renovated. Check in & out time was effective, friendly receptionist, and cleaner. Breakfast is standard: with bread, croissant, scrumble egg, fruits, yoghurt, cheese. But the waiters weren't friendly, sometime you have to tell them that something is finish!

The location is really good, near to most main tourist attractions. From charles de gaule airport just take RER train to Gare du Nord and then take Metro no 4 and stop at Saint Denis station. From there take no 8 or 9 and stop at Grand boulevard. Then sortie/out to Rue Montmatre. The hotel door is right in from of your nose :) . From hotel You can take Metro no 9 to the Eiffel tower and stop at Trocadero. We can just walk 15 min to the Opera House. If you want to BUY paris Pass, the shop is just few steps behind REX building.

The only complain was the taxi we booked from the hotel to Orly Airport. The price is 18€/person. The receptionist said 55€ Was fixed price and we had to Pay to the driver. But when we arrived at orly, my hubby gave him 60€ and he refused to pay back and said the trip cost 60€. He urged us to show the bill if the price was 55€. How could we show the bill when he didn't give us the bill not the hotel either. So my hubby was so angry and felt to be cheated. After arguments, he gave my hubby 5€ back. Pity, actually we don't mind to give tips but we don't like to be cheated. A nightmare to finish holiday in Paris ugh...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Si_mpok
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed here for four nights in March and loved it. The location is great, close to everything to be able to walk.

Yes the rooms are small but we didn't mind as we were never in our room anyway. It was clean and modern, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was great. Wifi was free and worked well for what we needed.

We didn't use the hotel breakfast as there were so many options nearby.

Service was great and all the reception staff were helpful and always had a smile which was much appreciated these days.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank kiwi2403
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were staying here for 3 nights. The hotel is located right outside the grand boulevards metro station entrance which is convenient. And the metro line at the station goes directly to many places like trocadero square(eiffel tower).

We booked the superior room. The room we got(302) was clean and simple. Bed was comfortable, not too firm nor too soft. Perfect sleep for us! Bathroom was ok. TV was equipped with many channels also in english like BBC which is good.

Wifi/internet was not high speed internet, it was slow and took a while to load stuff like maps, googling etc. The aircondition was not functioning as expected. We nevere noticed any differences in 15 degrees celsius and 25. Breakfast was a bit pricy, but the offer was great. Staff was friendly and helpful in lobby/reception main entrance.

Definitely staying here again(but they need to fix the aircon and highspeed internet) due to the location and there is a great restaurant "Le Brébant" right outside the hotel which offer great wine and "fruits de mer".

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SthlmJoe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear StockholmJ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the WiFi prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Booked this hotel as the ones I normally use in Paris were booked. The location was very convenient for my business and being outside the Grands Boulevard Metro station is a real benefit. I had an excellent welcome when I arrived, an early check in, and was given room 902 on the 9th floor. I normally like a high room so was pleased. However, when I got to the room it was disappointing. Very small and only a hanging rail rather than a wardrobe. In addition there was a large table lamp next to the small TV and a tray with a kettle on which took up all the desk space so I had to put the lamp on the floor before I could do any work as there was no room for a laptop.
When I was going out for dinner in the evening I pushed the door to make sure it had locked only to find that it hadn't. I tried again and found that the door wouldn't lock. When I went to reception the lady was at first very helpful - no technician until the morning and fully booked. However, she asked me to pack my bag and would sort it when I came back down. I did this and when I returned she gave me room 900. A little frustrating as I had gone upstairs, packed, come back down only to be sent back up to the room next door!
Room 900 is better in that it is larger although the hanging rail isn't high enough to hang a suit jacket without it trailing on the floor so my jacket went on the back of a chair - poor design!!
So that's the negative part of my stay.
Now for the positive. A colleague who had a room on the 3rd floor was very positive about his room so ask for a lower floor.
The location, as I have mentioned is very good and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. We ate at Les Alchimistes, 16, Rue Favart, which was excellent.
The breakfast is very good. Nice selection of food in a very bright breakfast room.
The staff are really friendly.
Overall the hotel is OK and not bad value for money in Paris but avoid rooms on 9th floor

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor as the ones on 9th floor as very small. There are no fitness facilit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David J
HIOPERA, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry that you feel that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations, but anyhow I am glad that you appreciated the kindness of our staff.
For your next visit do not hesitate to book a Standard or a Superior room, instead of the Single. Our Single rooms are indeed a bit smaller and are apdated to very short stays for one or two nights. Standard rooms, as your colleague experienced, offer much more comfort.
Do not hesitate to contact me should you visit us again, it would be a pleasure to help you book the most suitable room for your needs.
Warmest regards,