“Great Location .”

Ranked #500 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Location .”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel was at an excellent location , we arrived late we arrived late due to our train delay . We were staying in a triple room though the room was very small but it was comfortable . I asked for a room on a higher floor and they upgraded us to a higher floor it was quite and had a good night sleep . We didn't have breakfast in the hotel there were lot eating places outside the hotel . The hotel staff was very helpful and guided us whenever we had a problem . No complain at all. Oh yah and the metro is right out side the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here last week for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is in a GREAT location with the Metro right outside the door, Opera Garnier and Galeries Lafayette about 10 minute walking, many restaurants along the street in both directions (including several crepe stands for late night snacks!). Free "fast" WiFi for one device and free "slower" WiFi for a second device. We really didn't notice the difference in speed, both worked fine.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, offering suggestions whenever requested. They also helped us arrange transportation back to the airport much cheaper than a taxi. Highly recommend this option if you want to save some money, but don't want to lug suitcases on the Metro.

Our room was small compared to U.S. standards, but it was perfectly fine for us. It was clean and offered everything one needs when traveling. I have forgotten the room number (7th floor, I believe), but we were in a street facing room and did not have any problems with street/traffic noise. We only took advantage of the breakfast one morning and it was a nice offering of hot and cold breakfast items.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Taranto, Italy
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've been recently here and only for one night.
The hotel is close to the "Grands Boulevards" and the Opera; it's clean and well managed, and the breakfast offers a large variety of food. Wi-fi is free, but... in a hotel lying close to important banks there must be a working "business centre". When I asked about it, I was told it was "en panne" (broken) and that it has been so for weeks. I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IloveMaine2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Tom T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Perfect stay, no complaints and would definitely stay there again. Staff were friendly and helpful and rooms were clean and modern. Plenty of bars and restaurants along the same road and a lovely bakery and crepe place next door which was perfect for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was in Paris for a romantic weekend together with my boyfriend. We were very happy with the choice of hotel. The hotel was clean and fresh and the staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were good in size and the bathroom was clean and big.
The location was good with easy transportation with the metro close (just outside the hotel), but close enough to many tourist attractions that you could walk. We would defenitly come back here if we will visit Paris again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annni62
DC
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Holiday Inn Opera Paris is NOT the place to stay in Paris. The management handling of BED BUGS, power outage and room accommodations made this dream vacation a night mare . In the 20 years I have been traveling around the world, and I travel worldwide at least once a year and sometimes up to six times per year, I have never experienced such terrible service for such traumatic circumstances. Myself, my 15 year old made plans to visit with my 20 year-old who was flying in from Greece over the Columbus day holiday weekend. We had reservations for October 11-15 for a double room and with a sofa (of which I upgraded through Travelocity). However, upon arriving they did not have the room upgrade/change and only had a room with a double bed even though I had a Travelocity confirmation. They could, however, put us in a such a room the next night (which was Saturday, October 12th) so I agreed and I paid an extra 20 Euros for all four nights for the sofa bed.
On October 12th, after spending all day in Paris, we arrived to check in our new room at about 8 pm. Sometime after midnight my daughter woke up screaming and woke me up from the sofa bed we were sharing. There were bugs crawling all over the bed, I immediately called the front desk and reported it and asked to speak to a Manager. I was told there were no managers but they sent up some clean sheets. How appalling!
After I called my husband who located the Holiday Inn International HQ phone and lodged a complaint we were finally able to change rooms 4:30 am. As we vacated the bug-ridden room, I saw a notice posted on the elevator announcing a power outage on Monday, October 14 from 0830 am - 1:00 pm. There was not even a mention of compensation for the inconvenience! it's the Holiday Inn! They failed to see the trouble that they were putting the guests through. Unbelievable! People are in Paris for vacation. This was my 15 year-old's dream vacation and it was turning into a nightmare.
Having had enough inconveniences and no sleep, I called the front desk that Sunday morning to request to be moved to the Holiday Inn either at Elysees or Notre Dame. I had checked online to verify that they had a room that could accommodate three persons first. I wasn't asking for a refund, I just felt that we had enough inconveniences from the Holiday Inn Opera. Instead, they argued with me. I explained that I wasn't looking for a refund but just to be moved to a hotel. The bed bugs creeped us out! After getting nowhere with the staff, I called the International HI and I could only speak to a person from the UK who said that he could not make the accommodations. I decided that I needed to move the girls out of the hotel to a location where they could have peace of mind and get some sleep. We had not slept in over 24 hours and we were jet lagged from the trip since Friday
To add insult to injury when while I was at the Holiday Inn, no manager came by to speak with me or even apologize. Instead, I received a pathetic email two days later on Tuesday, October 15 from the HI Opera Paris who claimed he could not meet me because I had already left the hotel - I left the hotel at 2 pm. Again, no offer of any compensation.
I will never stay at another Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
20 Thank M G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Opera-Grands Boulevards, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear M G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Holiday Inn Paris Opera while on our 10 year anniversary trip in Paris. We stayed in this hotel two nights and stayed in other hotels including the Intercontinental one night. I would have been happy at this hotel over the Intercontinental. It was clean, quiet, recently remodeled, had a nice breakfast, and was in a good location. It was accessible to the subway system and within walking distance of the opera house (about 5 minutes). About a 15 minute walk to the Louvre. The hotel was reasonably priced (low 100's in euros if I remember correctly). Wonderful little crepe place around the corner. The Holiday Inn staff were so helpful. They went over countless maps and subway routes to help us get to where we needed to go. There was a subway entrance literally right in front of the hotel. Hotel staff arranged for someone to pick us up and take us to the airport as we departed the city. Overall, this was our favorite hotel during our entire stay in Paris (6 nights).

Room Tip: We didn't stay in a room that was facing the street. Our room was on the second floor and toward...