“La Galerie worst breakfast in Paris”
Review of La Galerie

La Galerie
Ranked #2,445 of 17,871 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went for beakfast to La Galerie restaurant. We has stayed at the hotel 5 years ago to celebrate my grandmothers 100th birthday so to refresh our memories we went back (didnt stay there this time but went for breaksaft). I was absolutely disappointed.... The prices for what you get are exaggerated, my mum asked for a yogurt and was given one as you buy it in the supermarket in its plastic container. I asked for an omellet and it was just as i could cook it home. The 3 stars i give are because the setting is ok but i will never come back, breakfast is better at any bistro on the street.

7  Thank jesusda81
fsgeorgev, Manager at La Galerie, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent visit in our Galerie.
Your comment is extremely important to us and we would like to apologize for the fact that you felt we did not reach your expectations.
We are indeed surprised about the yogurt that was apparently served in a supermarket plastic container as we have never served yogurt that way...they come in a white china bowl.
Could you please be so kind as to contact us at your convenience to discuss further about this detail.

Best regards,

Antoine Corneille
Director of Food and Beverage
antoine.corneille@fourseasons.com
Tel: +33 (0) 1 49 52 70 25

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Love La Galerie! Morning, afternoon or night it is one of the loveliest spaces in Paris! The tapestries are magnificent. The food and service are perfection.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

After visiting George v a few years ago for high tea we wanted to return when visiting Paris for our friends 60th birthday. It did not disappoint a second time, the service was fabulous, with lots of attention from a wonderful waiter Alejandro from Madrid. Thank you for making our experience just as wonderful a second time!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The high tea within the "Le galerie" lounge area is superb! I was fortunate to experience this on my last day in Paris. What a way to finish! The Lois 14th decor, the impeccable but friendly service and the pastries?? ... exquisite...plentiful... and delicious!
Two high teas to choose from at $47 or $57E - or you may choose individual desserts from a trolley. The trolley in itself was a magical feast of artistry. In my opinion the pastry chef is a living treasure and this high tea reflects Paris in all its glory...a very chic affair! Congratulations George V for giving me a taste of Paris i will never forget. xx

(PS. Not possible to book a table. Hotel guests given priority - but turn up well dressed, before 3pm start time - and they are happy to accomodate you. We went on a Thursday afternoon and had no problems.)

5  Thank KarenYperth_Aus
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My mum, sister, daughter and I have a family tradition of going to afternoon tea to celebrate birthdays and hadn't yet tried the George V in Paris yet. We went on a Thursday afternoon in August and had a memorable time. The setting is beautiful, with tons of fresh flowers and live piano music. We had the tea menu, which included scones (warm from the oven) with clotted cream and jam (and nobody blinked when we asked for more cream!), a selection of dainty savouries, some fancy mini-desserts, and a selection of baked goods (brownie, carrot cake and cookie). It was all delicious! The only criticism I have is that there wasn't enough savoury stuff - there were three items, all fantastic and very pretty, but they were one bite each which was rather out of proportion with the amount of sweet stuff. We had skipped lunch in anticipation of afternoon tea, which wasn't a mistake because there was a very good quantity of food, but were on a sugar high after. Service was, as one would expect from the George V, impeccable. My daughter is 5 years old, and the staff were very friendly and indulgent with her - brought her a special chair, offered her colouring supplies, asked her how she was enjoying her hot chocolate and sweets, etc. All in all a great experience.

1  Thank DKG80