“Two Americans in Paris Who Had A Great Time On Urban Adventures' Walking Tour”

Paris Urban Adventures
Ranked #8 of 159 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paris Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Paris. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Paris. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Two Americans in Paris Who Had A Great Time On Urban Adventures' Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I booked the four hour Urban Adventures walking tour in Paris that included a brief stop for wine and cheese in the middle of the tour, and the playing of a traditional local game in a small Roman arena at the end of the tour. After a minor scheduling glitch (which was rectified quickly and to a level well beyond our expectations) we managed to have a personal tour by an outstanding guide (Tim) on the day of our 10th wedding anniversary. Tim took only the two us on a four hour walking tour that ended up being one of the most enjoyable parts of our week long trip to Paris. My wife and I were very impressed with Tim's knowledge of the back streets of Paris and his comfortable, friendly personality. It seemed as if we were being shown Paris by a friend who had always lived there and we were just being shown around the neighborhood. Tim pointed out many local historical landmarks, places to eat, and general points of interest in the St. Germain area of the left bank and surrounding area including an exclusive island on the River Seine. I highly recommend this tour if it's your first time visiting Paris or if you just want to get a different perspective other than being on a double decker bus. Be sure to hit the fantastic, energetic panini sandwich shop packed with students around the corner from the Pantheon starting point in the University district before the tour starts. It will fuel you up for the walk. Being from a walking city (Boston) my wife and I were accustomed to being on our feet walking for an extended period of time. I suggest you wear comfortable shoes. If you're lucky, as I was, Tim may even let you win the traditional local game at the end. I know he could have smoked me, but was just being polite. Again, I highly recommend this type of activity. We had a blast, feel as if we've made a new friend in Paris, and will cherish the memories for a lifetime. Thanks for making our day special, Tim!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like having a local friend in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

One of the highlights of our Paris trip was our Urban Adventures walking tour. Our guide, Tim, is an expert on the iconic Paris sites, but also includes many fascinating little known facts and takes his guests through neighborhoods and "secret" side streets with interesting shops and cafes. Included in our tour was a macaroon tasting at the beautiful Fauchon Boulangerie and a cheese tasting at a little cafe. We enjoyed his insights into Paris history as well as current events which he shared as we walked along the streets of the city. We especially enjoyed Tim's friendly personality and great sense of humor. I would suggest taking this tour early in your stay in Paris as you may want to revisit some of the places he points out in the tour--and he also has great suggestions for choosing the best cafes in Paris.

Huntley, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great walking tour with many surprises”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I booked Paris Urban Adventures walking tour and was charmed by Tim.
Tim was very pleasant, entertaining and responsive to the group. We enjoyed his many Paris stories and tidbits. The information we learned, we would never have known without participating on this tour. We toured on a very cold Saturday morning and were glad to get into Fauchon for a macaroon. We also got to sample different cheeses which was a time to relax and socialize. I highly recommend this tour and especially with Tim as the guide.

Berlin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great guide, great tour, great city - Paris, je t'aime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

The tour took around 4 hours and we walked (with just 2 other American couples) around the areas near the Louvre, Place de la Madeleine, and Les Halles. We had a very friendly guide called Tim who showed us great areas of Paris, which weren't the typical tourist hot spots. He made the tour very interesting by telling us personal and funny stories and thereby distracted us from the cold temperatures! My two highlights were the macaron and the cheese-tasting! Although it was freezing cold, those two stops warmed us up again and motivated us to go on discovering beautiful Paris! Summarized I can say that I loved the tour and will definitely take part in it again when I'm back in Paris:)

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Paris is as amazing as the smile of the guide!!!! It was amazing!! Great urban experience!! The lovely city of light is more even better when it's a life experience!! I lived the cheese ans the petanque games! I'd like a tour like that in every city of the world!! Paris est magique! France is a great country to spend time and enjoy the way of life