“Avoid this restaurant”

Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
La Brede, France
“Avoid this restaurant”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We went to rue de la Bievre to eat in another establishment down the street, which unfortunately was closed for holidays, so we went to Bistro de la B. What a mistake! There were very few people, but it was raining so we decided to stay. We took the 15,50€ menu, but she came back twice to say that they did what they were offering (which I may agree can happen sometimes). Since I do not eat chocolate and they had no more strawberry tiramisu, I asked for a dessert ‘a la carte’ - after a straight 'no' from the waitress, I asked if she could double check with the chef if it was possible. This is when we received 2 cremes brulees…. (served warm with a layer of water on it - definitely not fresh)! When we asked for the bill I mentioned the problem and said we would not pay for these desserts (all in all we have taken on € 3.30 off the bill). Immediately I felt he was angry but we were not asked what was wrong - just that we did not know what it was supposed to be and that we were welcome to NEVER come back! I assure you it will be the case!

• Visited July 2011