“EXPENSIVE”
Review of Le Marie Stuart - CLOSED

Le Marie Stuart
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Rome, Italy
“EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We randomly sat at this bar/restaurant as we were waiting for the key to our new apt in the same road. We had one small bottle of water + One orange juice = 10€. Nothing more to add about this bar!

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Charlottenlund, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Relaxed but very nice brasserie”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't seen the reviews before entering Le Marie Stuart. Not sure I would have, if I had seen them, so in this instance I am glad I didn't. We got very nice service and the platter we shared with charcuterie, cheese, pate, chicken nuggets and spring rolls for 32 € was very good and more than we could eat. The place was full with locals who seemed to know the menu - a good sign of consistent quality!

Wicklow
“Fantastic atmosphere, food can be a bit hit & miss”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler to Paris for work & I've eaten here 8 trips a year for the past couple of years. I love the buzz & the friendly local atmosphere on Rue Montorgueil & this restaurant is well positioned.

Service is usually ok for me & better for the locals who frequent the restaurant. However, the food was better in 2010 & 2011 and is definitely not as good this year. I've had the steak a couple of times lately & it was tough & pretty awful.

Overall - great atmosphere, room for improvement with the food.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Average food and disappointing service”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I dined here on June 9th with my friend who was visiting from London. We did a quick scan of the street which buzzes with restaurants. Having looked at a few on the Tripadvisor app we saw that this was fairly highly rated (my favourite on Rue Montorgueil is Cafe du Centre), and had a table available outside.

The waitress seated us quickly, the tables weren't laid for dinner so she wrestled a paper tablecloth in the breeze trying to get it to lie flat. The menu was a bit tatty looking and the whole place felt a bit unloved. We ordered one of the less expensive red wines @ €22.50 which was good and brought fairly promptly.

We both went for the bavette steak, again the less expensive of two cuts that were offered, at €16 each. This came served with chips and we also ordered a side of green beans.
My friend's steak turned up after a short wait and I was told that mine was 'on it's way'. Ten minutes later, with still no sign of my meal I asked for some bread. Neither bread nor water were brought as standard here which is most unusual for Paris. My meal (finally!) arrived just before the bread and for me was cooked to perfection. It came with a delicious portion of crispy fries and was topped with shallotts. Although nicely cooked the steak was tough to cut and stringy, it didn't feel at all like a quality cut of meat and just didn't hit the spot at all. The bread was also laden with olives, which usually I would like however the taste in this particular bread was completely overpowering.

For dessert we opted for Cafe Gourmand to share. It was described on the menu as mini pastries with a coffee. Two of the items were sweet bread/cakes that didn't really taste of much and there were also two small creamy desserts. By far not the best Cafe Gourmand I've had since living here and was again just okay.

After we'd paid the bill I noticed that we had been over charged €10 as she'd processed my meal as the more expensive cut of steak (which it certainly wasn't!). This was quickly sorted with a cash refund but if you do dine here just watch out for that.

In summary I wouldn't recommend Le Marie Stuart, although the waitress apologised for the wait and the cock up with the bill, she was unsmiling and unfriendly throughout and just felt completely disinterested. The food was just average and there are certainly slightly less expensive options in this area with better food.. Infact I actually advised a group of Americans who were looking at the menu on the street to save their money and go elsewhere.
Disappointing.

Total cost for two mains, a bottle of red, a side of green beans and one dessert = €65.50

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank LiamJudge
New York City, New York
“I know the French are laid back but the service was TERRIBLE”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had to wait over an hour for the waiter to come take our order. That included both drinks and dinner. I don't think I've ever waited that long before walking out, but we had been walking Paris all day so we were exhausted and were in no rush. The atmosphere was great, but I don't think that should be the reason why you go out to a restaurant.

• Visited May 2012