“A really nice traditional taste of Paris.”
Review of Caffe Jadis

Caffe Jadis
Ranked #1,104 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Home-made French cooking with fresh products from the market.
“A really nice traditional taste of Paris.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Paris several times and try to hunt a different gem every time I eat. This one is up there with the successes.

I had Cod for the main and an incredible Creme Brûlée for desert. The staff were friendly and helped me when I had holes in my French and the food was excellent.

It'a a great place to go for a meal when you want great food in a quiet comfortable "off the beaten track" environment.

• Visited September 2013

Arcachon, France
“Great food made with passion”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had the lamb and the cod. The food was prepared and cooked with elegance and the tastes were unbelivable for the its price. The place itself has a calm and cosy style and as we already mentioned, the food is really good value for money. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Martin B
Sydney
“Please avoid. Overpriced and Terrible food.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently dined here and I was extremely disappointed with the place. I felt the manager was rude and condescending to foreigners and he appeared to laugh if you tried to speak French to him.

The entrecote steak I had was absolutely disgusting. It was cold, grisly, and tough. I asked for medium-rare, but this was just something else. The fries were cold and tasted unsalted and the sauce was flavourless. I did not even have a steak knife to eat it when it was served.

I can't believe this 1 steak cost me 24 euros! I was further disgusted when I walked down the road and saw better looking places serving the same thing for around only 10 euros!

Don't bother going here. It is a rip-off, the staff are rude, and they don't seem to value customer service. Walk down the road to find better value places with nicer atmospheres.

The Hague, The Netherlands
“A not inadequate replacement ...”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had been recommended the Bistrot de Lorette and was there shortly before the start of the service, but was alas told "complet ce soir". Across the street there was an attractive looking restaurant with light olive-green coated walls and traditional good furnishing, with a menu du jour that was also traditional. An open Chablis as aperitif was quickly served but there was nothng to nibble on with it, not even bread... I had a Leek tarte, which was allright, and then a rumpsteak with (good) vegetables and the pommes frites of the house. The meat and the chips were only so-so; I had to use considerable muscle power bearing down when cutting the steak ...
A nice, very generously poured glass of Calvados helped to make up for the disappointing main dish. The staff was friendly, but amateurish. My wine - red Menetou Salon from 2006 in half bottle (cheap at € 13:-) was very good, but served at "room temepreature", which must have been in the region of 26, 27 degrees C . An icing bag helped that problem in 10 minutes, but a restaurant at this level should know better and serve also red wine, especially good red wine from the Loire, at proper temperatures. I was happy to see that also regulars - the two elderly couples sharing a Saturday meal at the table opposite - asked for the same treatment even with respect to their bottle of (claret-like) Fronsac. In sum then: good wines at very reasonable prices, indifferent food, and a pleasant ambience ...
One could do much worse when looking for an impromptu replacement ....

Studley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We liked this place so much that we went both evenings we were in Paris. The staff were lovely, efficient and helpful and very tolerant at my useless attempts at French. I liked the crab and avocado salad and my husband liked the battered shrimps to start. He loved his steak with Bearnaise sauce and I adored my Creme Brulee all topped off with gorgeous coffee and wine. We ate far too much but I can can still remember the taste of the simple but impressive fayre with much pleasure.

Visited April 2013