“Great way to see Paris”
Review of Paris by Scooter

Paris by Scooter
Ranked #12 of 157 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Bottom line: Experience the real Paris by Vespa scooter & because safety is not just a slogan, you will be Just YOU and your cool French guide. All Vespa tours are private and customisable ... letting you stop when & where YOU want for your total freedom... we are the only company in Paris to offer the LXV 50cc model designed for Vespa's 60th anniversary, giving you old school style with modern efficiency.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently rented a scooter while travelling with my dad in Paris. We spoke with Xavier on the phone, and he was very easy to communicate with and very accommodating. Our vespa was delivered on time to our hotel and was in excellent condition. Xavier also helped give us some ideas of attractions we might want to visit. I traveled with my dad for another 3 weeks and this was definitely the highlight of the trip for the both of us. Getting to drive around the Arc de Triomphe on the Vespa was such a great experience (we ended up doing it again at night). It was a cheap and easy way to get around the city, and really allowed me to see parts of the city which would have otherwise been impossible to access. I cannot recommend renting a vespa from Xavier enough.

Thanks for the great experience!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My best friend and I made an epic trip to Europe in April and Paris was the second stop on our trip. We only had 2 days so we needed to make the best of our time there. I had seen Xavier's scooter tours when I was researching what to do and saw the amazing reviews so I knew it had to be great! I called Xavier on a Friday night and was amazed that he had an appt for the next day. At 10am, we started our adventure. He picked us up from the hotel with an extra scooter. If you are an experienced driver then you can drive your own scooter. For inexperienced people, he was leary on letting my friend drive (I could see why though..Paris drivers are crazy!!!). She rode on his scooter and I had my own. We told him the landmarks we wanted to go to and he took us everywhere and more! We would stop and take pictures and he would graciously take our pictures for us! Also took us places that we would have never found if we hadn't have done the tour. Example. the Lafayette shopping mall that was the biggest in Paris and the upper deck that overlooked the city!! All in all it was a great experience and I HIGHLY recommend this tour for people who are coming to Paris for a short amount of time and want to experience all the highlights of the city in the best way possible..On a scooter!!!

Thanks Xavier,

Lindsey and Amy

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The whole rental process was effortless and easy from client point of view. Scooter delivered to your hotel at your defined time and all needed gear with it. Just brief check on the controls, signing of contract and off you go. The scooter was in good condition even though having 15000 km in the meter.
I wholeheartedly recommend also the GPS as Paris is VERY big and there is plenty of one directional streets. Even though you might have map in your phone I think it is good to have the map somewhere readily available...
Riding two on top I would recommend the 125 cc version provided that you have the required license. Next time in Paris I'll rent the scooter for a couple of days at least. This time it was so much fun, for example riding the Arc de Triumph four times around :-)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Paris in May. We are not into the general "touristic" way of traveling, and wanted to avoid the busy tourist buses and standard tours.
When looking up the possibility of renting a scooter, this seemed like a great way to get around and see the city in a different way. I am not familiar with driving motorbikes or scooters, and especially not in crowded major cities. We therefore spent the first day getting an idea of the traffic in Paris, before renting it. Even though it seemed like a big challenge, we decided to give it a go.

Xavier showed up at our hotel with the scooter, two helmets and all necessary paperwork. After a quick intro we were ready to go. At first we wanted to just use a regular paper-map, but fortunately ended up renting a GPS as well. This turned out to be a wise decision, as we were easily guided to all necessary points of interest, gas-stations and in the end back to our hotel. At the same time I could spend my focus on the traffic.

Ten minutes into our first ride everything seems like a dream. Traffic was flowing smooth and cars were keeping a safe distance. In traffic jams we could zig zag between the cars and get to our destinations fast and easy. We got to see all the major attractions, but the greatest thing was that we were able to get to a lot of small local places we would never have seen without the scooter. Also, as soon as we saw a small shop or a nice cafe, we were able to pull the scooter up on the sidewalk and park it close by.

Our plan was to rent it for two days but we ended up with adding an additional day. All in all one of the best decisions ever.
If you are considering doing the same, don't give it too much consideration. Just to it!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 2, 2013

What a great day-trip we had to Versailles! Xavier picked us up right outside our hotel and after putting the insurance deposit for the Vespa on a credit card we were off. He took us around Paris and then out of town to Versailles. Xavier is very knowledgable of the sites in Paris and was comfortable describing them as we stopped in traffic along our trip. He even gave us recommendations for excellent restaurants right near our hotel.

I have 15+ years of motrocycling experience in the US and found the Vespa somewhat different, yet still simple to operate and handle in the busy Paris traffic. The 125cc size was fine for myself and my wife on back. I highly recommend Xavier and his company for anyone looking to see Paris and it's neighboring attractions in a unique and fun way.

Oh, also Xavier speaks excellent English and was great with the camera when we wanted some pictures of just the two of us. Thanks Xavier!