“An absolute disgrace- Worst hotel I have ever seen!”

Hotel Central Bastille
Ranked #1,747 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
“An absolute disgrace- Worst hotel I have ever seen!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!
It should be reported to the health authorities.
The carpet was filthy, bed sheets were dirty and the bed had hair in it. The bathroom smelt of urine and the shower had no shower head. The walls of the room were covered in dirt and food.
My partner and I walked into the hotel room and the appearance was that bad we forfeited the 80 Euro we had spent for the one night and booked another hotel.
This hotel should be fined for false advertising as the photos do not even remotely resemble what the actual hotel looks like.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ryan F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Exmouth
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 7 days in April as he ran the Paris marathon. We were on the top floor (room 501) front facing, with a great balcony. The room was comfortable, but small. Bathroom had everything we needed but again, quite small. We made sure we bought some ear plugs after the first night, and slept very well in the large, comfortable bed every night. No lift (poor marathon man and his legs) and no breakfast... Although the helpful men on reception mentioned that this might change soon. Some great restaurants nearby, at good prices.

If you're simply looking for a clean, comfortable base to stay while you explore Paris, in a great location (and you're not looking for luxury!) then i would recommend this hotel to you. The guys and reception were friendly and helpful.

Have a great time in Paris!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Lois_Dani
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in March 2014.

When i arrived i asked about the breakfast and the person responsible that talk to me said that the hotel doesn't served breakfast. And as i can saw in the details of my reservation i don't had that information in my confirmation paper (the paper that confirm my reservation after i had paid all). He also said that the information that the hotel hasn't breakfast was in the webpage.

I said that i didn't saw the information (on confirmation paper) and that i chose the hotel because it had breakfast. The person said to me that he was going to check and then tell me something.

In the last day, i asked about this to another employee (more friendly by the way). He said that maybe I had booked in another servicer like booking or other partner and the error was from that companies.

I am right now in their website and as all can see (please check http://snag.gy/5xfKj.jpg) they annouce the breakfast. i put here another image (please check http://snag.gy/d4K0F.jpg) for we can see.

Even if you navigate in their website we can see images of breakfest (please check http://snag.gy/4CmgK.jpg).

So, as i can show, they have the information of breakfast in their webpage. I feel that you are deceiving me (and your clients).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was not expecting anything impressive by any means but the moment I saw the decrepit sign on the outside of the building I realised what an incredible mistake I had made. The photos on their website looked charming, however our room was so small I could barely move in it. One of the worst features was the one window that looked out onto the back of other houses that would be frequented by every pigeon in Paris every morning. And the bathroom was unbelievably small, and the shower overflowed so that the carpet in the room was constantly saturated, and the bathroom smelt so bad that we had to keep the bathroom door shut at all times. However, the staff were mostly very friendly and helpful and the area was fantastic. Your money can be much better spent, practically anywhere else in Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank belllaadele
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in august 2013 and can honestly say it was perfect for what I needed. As a guy in his 20's travelling with friends, this hotel offered a clean, secure and private place to stay with an unbeatable location. Luxury aside, the value for money of this hotel is unbeatable in Paris. right beside the bastille and close to many bars, clubs and restaurants. Metro station 30 seconds away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank daniilkuznetsov
Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm a teacher and i've just been on a 2 night stay with my students on a short trip.
The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and funny.
The rooms were average with adequate storage and basic facilities. The cleanliness was not exactly brilliant, as the shower curtains were mouldy at the bottom where they were touching the shower floor. The bathroom had signs of serious wear and tear, with dirty tiles, stained toilets and dirty floor mats.
The walls were very thin and you could hear every little thing, but i'm a heavy sleeper so i didn't notice but some students kept being woken.
The breakfast was very limited, with half a baguette and a croissant. Not really worth €5. I do think the rooms are slightly overpriced, but the location is perfect!!!
There are lots of areas for improvement, but not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends