“Tasty food”
Review of Demi Lune

Demi Lune
Reserve with
Demi Lune is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11,395 of 17,290 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Description: Situ�� �� Saint-Michel, dans le c��l��bre quartier latin, le restaurant La Demi-Lune vous accueille tous les jours midi et soir dans d��cor rustique , ses meubles en bois et ses poutres apparente. C��t�� cuisine, on privil��gie les sp��cialit��s savoyardes avec une d��licieuse fondue savoyarde ou bourguignonne, selon vos envies. Vous pouvez ��galement partager une raclette ou une pierrade de b?uf. L?��tablissement est convivial et did��al pour un d��jeuner ou d��ner authentique en famille ou entre amis. Il peut recevoir des groupes jusqu?�� 32 personnes et propose �� l?��tage une salle privative.
“Tasty food”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant on or first night. We werent sure as looked very basic but the food was excellent. My husbands fillet mignon was superb as was my duck. Desserts were superb. We had such a good experience we went back again and the quality of the food was consistent with our previous experience. Would highly recommend as good value at 16 euros but be patient as service is lovely bu slow. Life is very unhurried in France.

• Korean first
edinburgh
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

On a weekend away without children and also without much money we were originally put off by the beret wearing man enticing tourists in at the door. We went in on the second day and were pleasantly surprised. We went for the 16 euro menu and it befitted that price, simple french food in a bustling small restaurant. It's not high quality food but the best in our price range. Would definately recommend it to friends and return.

Chicago, IL
“Bravo Demi Lune”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Upon visiting the Latin Quarter in Paris on a cold spring day, we were very pleased with the food and the service! Niko, the owner, even waited upon us personally! We both had the cheese fondue and for 16 Euros, we couldnt get enough! This restaurant had quaint size and warmth of staff. We had the creme brulee for dessert and it was amazing! Also, the wine that was recommended was incredible with the fondue! We were tearing through the bread and they kept putting it back on the table so quickly and we didnt even have to ask. This is a romantic little gem with great service and great food for a very reasonable price. Dinner for two at 32 Euros! :) Hope you stop in and have a great experience just as we did! Bon appetit!

Aberdeen
“Food was fine but inattentive service”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We opted for the €12 menu and on discovering that we were having this without alcohol the staff lost interest in us. Service was without a smile. The food was fine for the money but we wouldn't rush back.

1 Thank AbClare
UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID - mediocre food, appauling service”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited this restaurant whilst in Paris en route back to the UK from SW France and sought to find a nice place to eat to celebrate my sons 11th Birthday. Enticed in by a doorman dressed as a stereotypical french man down to the beret and a good looking and reasonably priced menu, by the time we had finished our starters I was about to cry and ready to leave. With our youngest child being a slighty fussy eater we struggled to find him an entire menue that he liked and so took our time choosing twice asking the waiter to return in a few minutes- this request was frowned upon and he insisted that we make our selection. My husband and I selected the 16E menue and an additional a la carte dish of frog legs to share between us but asked for some more time to select for the children. It appeared that we were being punished when he refused to return for approximately 10 minutes by which time we had decided that my youngest would have the 10E menu but skip the starter as nothing appealed to him. The waiter demanded (yes demanded) to know why he wouldn't order a starter and went off muttering in French. He returned about 5 minutes later with mine and my husbands starters and within a further five minutes my fillet mignon arrived along with a tarte that my husband had ordered - we were still eating our starters, and my children had yet to receive anything to eat. By the time my childrens food arrived and the waiter collected our starter plates he asked if we were happy with the now cold main courses sitting before us I told him that no we were not happy, that the food was now cold and our frogs legs were nowhere in sight! My meal was taken away to be re-heated, we were told my husbands had been grilled once and they couldn't reheat that dish - I was about ready to cry. When my food was returned hot and the boys meals arrived I can say that for the price the food was very tasty but the service was appauling and had I been fluent in french or in a restaurant in the UK I would have walked out without paying leaving the food untouched on the table. A celebration meal ruined and we would advice against anyone attending this restaurant. I should add we saw other diners also raising their eyebrows at the dishes they received, and a table of four seated next to us, left before their food arrived. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for and have never written a bad review like this before despite travelling extensively on and off the tourist path, however we spent less and has superb service late the night before at a Tex Mex in Bolougne Boullancourt, Paris. Perhaps it is best to avoid the tourist hubs - and We never saw the frogs legs

• Visited August 2012