“Go here for the ice cream!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Exclusive Paris Private Day Tour
Ranked #22 of 1,088 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Cobble-stoned neighborhood featuring quiet shops, cafes and bistros.
Peachtree City, Georgia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Go here for the ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I love walking across the bridge to this island. There is usually always someone performing on the bridge to make it festive. There is a great ice cream shop here, Berthillon. I always enjoy getting an ice cream cone to go & then walking down to the Seine and sit along the river's edge.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Much more than just Notre Dame!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Although famed for the location of Notre Dame and St Chapelle the Ile deserves further exploration which will be well rewarded if the back streets are visited. Marche des Fleurs very attractive and open daily.

Visited March 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“charming, exciting, I never want to leave each time I go there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

i was fortunate enough to stay in a 17th century building with all of the charm and history that old wood entails. It was a magical place to find myself and I shed tears as the street saxophonist played Bye bye blackbird just as I was leaving. The little shops are amazing. The fromagerie early in the morning complete with wet little cheeses crammed high beside fruit and corndolls for display is a far cry from late in the day when it is practically cleared out except for the wet little cheesemats. So fresh each day. The fruit and vegetable shop with every variety of mushroom you can imagine...makes my heart sing. The cafes were a bit touristy and disappointing as my budget was dwindling by then, but to sit by that milky,opalescent river watching the Parisians was a joy of its own.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank cleancuisine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for our three day stop over in Paris. We found it was convenient to several metro stations which got us were wanted to go. With its location we always knew how to get back from our excursion and for two directionally challenged people that was a feat! It might have lost its charm for some of trip advisor reviewers but not for first timers. We will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank jersygirl3
Chippenham, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“kept coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Charming area with some of the nicest riverside views in Paris. Even the rain didn't spoil the fun.

We found ourselves coming back to the Ile several times during our stay in Paris. Very central location, yet not very busy. Nice architecture, romantic atmosphere and plenty of places to buy food and drink (and ice creams!).

Massive disappointment when we discovered Maison Berthillon was closed for a couple of weeks..... Panic!
Thankfully, there are plenty of other places nearby selling Berthillon sorbets and ice creams.

Visited February 2014