“Amazing ambience, inconsistent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Au Chien Qui Fume

Au Chien Qui Fume
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Au Chien Qui Fume is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,459 of 16,839 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Grasse
“Amazing ambience, inconsistent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've eaten here twice. It's an old city institution and this is evident in the impressive old decor.The first time, I sat inside, though the walls were removed to allow a fine view of passing Parisians. The food was very good, the service excellent and the passing people were entertaining.

The second time, I sat outside on the terrace. The food was OK (meat a bit overcooked and lacking flavour), and the service was barely acceptable. I had the impression that we were in a service 'blind spot' whereas during the first visit we were visible to all staff.

I will return because the restaurant is charming, but I will keep an open mind about the food.

• Visited January 2012

• Greek first
Paris, France
“A good Parisian Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Perfect for breakfast and lunch. A good place to watch the world go by and I should know because I was in here every day for 10 years either for breakfast, lunch and aperitifs or all three. The dish of the day changes everyday. They are open seven days a week. The salads are very good and filling. They have a wide range of different croques (toasted bread with fillings on top) Wine can be ordered by the carafe. The waiters are friendly and are well accustomed to tourists. My favourite dishes were the Lasagna which was on the menu once a month. The toulouse sausage was always excellent as well but as I said the dish of the day changes so look at whats written on the blackboard. The bistro recently changed hands but I am assuming the quality is up to the same standard but no guarantees unfortunately since I am talking from past experiences and have been there for almost a year now.

• Visited January 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Snails & mushroom in garlic sauce was the highlight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Main courses of salmon and lamb were good, but the starter of snails & mushroom in garlic sauce was really the highlight!

Visited November 2012
Pittsburg, California
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went in wanting some seafood, and ended up getting a bacon salad with stewed pork. They have a menu in english and the price was about in line for central Paris. I took the set price for 3 courses. It was 42 Euros after the beer. I would recommend this place if you are in this area, but I would not make a special trip.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank HoltED
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Sorry to bother you.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We tried this restaurant because of a friend's recommendation. It is a rather fancy place, with layers of linen tablecloths and more flatware than you could ever use, and it looked good from the street. Just like some other reviewers noted, it was bad vibes from the start. We waited forever for a table when there were empty tables. Little did we know but from that point on we would be waiting for everything. We actually thought about leaving. The waiter spent more time rearranging the tableware than he did spent waiting on us. The food was mediocre and uninspired. The wine list is very expensive, along with the menu. It was too noisy and the tables are so close together that customers can't get by without interrupting your dinner. Our waiter was professional but unfriendly, like everyone else there. It felt like we were bothering them and they couldn't care less. The was the most expensive and the worst meal we had the entire time we were in France. I don't think we will try it again.

• Visited October 2012