We stayed here over the weekend recently - the location is absolutely amazing: 5 minutes walk away from the Opera, Rue Saint-Honore and lots of restaurants, less than 10 minutes walk from Galleries Lafayette Printemps and Metro station Pyramids (direct from Gare de Lyon - only 2 stations away), and about 15 minutes walk to the Louvre.
The great thing about this hotel for us is that there were three of us travelling and often times, it's not only hard to find accommodation in one room to fit three people comfortably without having to use an extra bed, it also tends to be very, very expensive. Hotel Daunou Opera, on the other hand, gives you a great value and solution for this. The beds and pillows are very, very comfortable, which helped us to sleep through all the noise from the bars/restaurants/Saturday night club downstairs (luckily we were also very tired!).
Reception was very accommodating in terms of splitting the bill, but service can be really slow when they make mistakes. Otherwise, staff we came across (Housekeeping - very fast when we requested things, and Reception) was polite and smiley. With so many options nearby, we didn't try to eat in-house.
Thanks to the tip from some reviewers here, I made sure I emailed them prior to arrival to confirm booking. To their credit, they were very responsive.
Great things about the hotel:
- Location, location, location
- Beds and pillows
My wish list for the hotel:
- English channel TV on top of news-oriented channels like BBC and CNN
- Faster lift - the lift is clearly brand new (though the interior of the corridors implies to me that this has been a hotel for a long time), but it takes forever to come
Would definitely consider the hotel again for our next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daunou Opera enjoys a prestigious location in the heart of the right bank of Paris. It offers every imaginable comfort in a quiet and sophisticated setting. The hotel is superbly located between the Opera and Place Vendome, a few minutes from the Louvre, the Grevin Museum, the magnificent Tuileries Gardens, major department stores (Galeries Lafayette, Printemps Haussmann) and Gare Saint Lazare. It is convenient to the Olympia music hall and theatres such as Theatre De La Michodière, Théâtre de Paris, Théâtre de la Pépinière, Théâtre Edouard VII, Théâtre Daunou, Théâtre des Variétés and Théâtre du Gymnase. The Hotel Daunou Opera offers you Paris in all its splendour : Garnier Opera: 200m The Louvre: 800m Place Vendome: 300m Department stores (Lafayette & Printemps): 400m ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Daunou Opera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daunou Opera Hotel
- Daunou Opera Paris