“a very good hotel in in the center of Paris” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Residence La Concorde

Hotel Residence La Concorde
Ranked #1,553 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Romania
“a very good hotel in in the center of Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Residence la Concorde is a very good three stars hotel on Rue Cambon,close to Rue Rivolli,Jardins Tuilleries,Louvre,10m.from metro.We were there in september and had a triple room 504 ,not a small room ,large bathroom,very clean,every day cleaning,breakfast included in room price and very good ,free internet,I'll recomend this hotel to every one who want to spend a pleasant time in Paris

Room Tip: room 504 on fifth floor,a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Felicia_Mihalceanu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Athens
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

Rooms are very small. Furniture is old and I suppose the cheapest found in the market, as is everything else in the hotel.
The cleaning servise is not existing and the breakfast is terrible. Elevator ...hmmm, minibar ... hmmm.
There is not enough light in the room. If you try to read ...
The only good thinks are location and free wi-fi.
All this for 125 Euros.
I feel like hero in some of the fictions I've read, about hotels in middle ages.

Room Tip: choose another hotel!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diggeo

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Santa Maria da Feira
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

The hotel is located in a nice area of Paris, that's a big advantage. The rooms and bathrooms are a bit out of date but with reasonable size. The cleaning could be a bit better, but it's not bad. Breakfast is enough for me, I'm not crazy for having lunch early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is not very fancy, so if you are looking for an American style hotel look elsewhere. If you are looking for a clean place to stay, excellent staff, good breakfast,central location, at a great price this is your place. The best way to describe this place is a typical french tourist hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the street. The street noise is incredible at this place. I did not sleep an...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank slusarzj
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We had read the other reviews and decided since the location was so good we could put up with the other complaints, but we were wrong.

The rooms and bathrooms were old and non-descript and the breakfast was fine. The hotel at least had an elevator, though it was miniscule. The price was reasonable for Paris and the location close to the Louvre. But, If you need anything from the reception staff, go elsewhere!
Our friends arrived 2 days before us and we were all staying one more night. We arrived at 8:30 am. We checked in at the desk and the man on reception (he never gave his name) said that he knew we were travelling together. We had him call our friends' room and they were not there. He told us to check the breakfast area and they were not there either. We couldn't understand where they could be. The reception area is very small and on the 3rd floor and we sat right across from the desk from him. We used the guest laptop and emailed our friends. We asked the receptionist to call our friends' room a couple of more times. After waiting untill 10:30 am we decided to do some exploring on our own. We asked for a piece of paper and wrote a note to our friends and asked the man to give it to them when they came back. We returned after 2 pm and moved our stuff into our room. When our friends finally returned they couldn't understand my frantic emails and asked if we hadn't recieved the package that they left with the same man on reception. They had left a package for us, just 15 minutes before we arrived and they found that it was still sitting there 5 hours later. In the package they had left a note for us, saying that they had gone to the Louvre (I had told them I didn't want to go). They had left us their room key, so that we could freshen up, have breakfast that they had bought for us and store our luggag. They also left us their tour bus passes (which would have saved us 48E, since we also went on a bus tour). When our friend went to reception she saw her package there (our note was also there, undelivered) and asked him why he did not give it to us and his reply was "C'est Dommage". (Said in a kind way it means: it's too bad. Said in an indifferent way it means: it's tough, it doesn't matter, I could care less!) We were all aggravated that our first day had such a bad beginning. We left the hotel the next morning and had a phenomenal remaining trip in the Loire Valley and in Provence.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here 5 nights and enjoyed every one of them. The night we arrived we were greeted by Wauild, he was very helpful and took our overweight bags up to the 6th floor. (the elevator only goes to the 5th floor). From our room #60 you could see the Eiffel tower lit up at night.

Our room was large and spacious, only the shower being small but hey, that's Paris! Breakfast was light but very fresh and they have the best cofffee machine!

The entire staff was very friendly and gave great service. Momo was at the front desk and was happy to answer all of our questions and gave great directions.

I would advise anyone wanting to stay in a central hotel in Paris, this is the one for you.

Room Tip: Don't use Paris Shuttle from Viator. We had to run to catch our plane. Ask the hotel who they...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

My first visit to this hotel was with friends in June 2010 and we had a great time. I have been back with a few more friends in January 2011 and again this summer with my kids. Everytime we were welcomed and all staff were very friendly, accomodating and full of great advise. Was great to be able to practice my french every mornong with the ladies in the breakfasrt room and Michael who takes care of hotel and guests in the evening. The manager is fabulous, always has a smile and will help you plan dinners, bike tours and remind you which museums are closed on what days.

Having recently traveled the UK, my expectations for this cosy little hotel were that it would be clean and comfortable, the satff would be friendly and let me practice my rudimentary french (the only way to improve) that the building would reflect the character of the historic area it was in, and most important to me, that I would not be surrounded by 400 other tourists in an North American hotel chain environment.

Well you may have surmised from my return visits that my expectations were met and my friends and children enjoyed there stay as well. I love the character of the gated courtyard and the hotel being on the upper floors of building so often dont hear much noise, I love taking the winding staircase up to third floor to the reception area and breakfast area and I enjoy the variety of room sizes which lets you chose one that suits your visit. We were hardly ever in rooms so I didnt need a large space but we did travel with other couples and one had a loft room which was bigger so we would meet there for evening wine, bread and cheese. The breakfast provided reflects a typical european meal, bread, croissants, meat, cheese, yougart and for us North Americans I appreciated the coffee. Perfect start to my 'french' day. The hotel is beginning to update and renovate its interior and rooms, I will be sorry to see the old elevator go but for those of you who dont pack in carry on as I do, the owners have heard your comments about a bigger elevator.

You can walk, use the handy bike rental across the street, take the train or jump on/off bus and see everything around central paris. The carousel cafe and Willi's wine bar are my favourite spots for dinner. Could go on but will sum up by saying, this little hotel is wonderful and I will be stoppng by again as soon as I can. Paris requires multiple visits !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends