“Great location for Paris” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Residence La Concorde

Hotel Residence La Concorde
Ranked #1,550 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Boston, MA
“Great location for Paris”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is not very fancy, so if you are looking for an American style hotel look elsewhere. If you are looking for a clean place to stay, excellent staff, good breakfast,central location, at a great price this is your place. The best way to describe this place is a typical french tourist hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the street. The street noise is incredible at this place. I did not sleep an...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank slusarzj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We had read the other reviews and decided since the location was so good we could put up with the other complaints, but we were wrong.

The rooms and bathrooms were old and non-descript and the breakfast was fine. The hotel at least had an elevator, though it was miniscule. The price was reasonable for Paris and the location close to the Louvre. But, If you need anything from the reception staff, go elsewhere!
Our friends arrived 2 days before us and we were all staying one more night. We arrived at 8:30 am. We checked in at the desk and the man on reception (he never gave his name) said that he knew we were travelling together. We had him call our friends' room and they were not there. He told us to check the breakfast area and they were not there either. We couldn't understand where they could be. The reception area is very small and on the 3rd floor and we sat right across from the desk from him. We used the guest laptop and emailed our friends. We asked the receptionist to call our friends' room a couple of more times. After waiting untill 10:30 am we decided to do some exploring on our own. We asked for a piece of paper and wrote a note to our friends and asked the man to give it to them when they came back. We returned after 2 pm and moved our stuff into our room. When our friends finally returned they couldn't understand my frantic emails and asked if we hadn't recieved the package that they left with the same man on reception. They had left a package for us, just 15 minutes before we arrived and they found that it was still sitting there 5 hours later. In the package they had left a note for us, saying that they had gone to the Louvre (I had told them I didn't want to go). They had left us their room key, so that we could freshen up, have breakfast that they had bought for us and store our luggag. They also left us their tour bus passes (which would have saved us 48E, since we also went on a bus tour). When our friend went to reception she saw her package there (our note was also there, undelivered) and asked him why he did not give it to us and his reply was "C'est Dommage". (Said in a kind way it means: it's too bad. Said in an indifferent way it means: it's tough, it doesn't matter, I could care less!) We were all aggravated that our first day had such a bad beginning. We left the hotel the next morning and had a phenomenal remaining trip in the Loire Valley and in Provence.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here 5 nights and enjoyed every one of them. The night we arrived we were greeted by Wauild, he was very helpful and took our overweight bags up to the 6th floor. (the elevator only goes to the 5th floor). From our room #60 you could see the Eiffel tower lit up at night.

Our room was large and spacious, only the shower being small but hey, that's Paris! Breakfast was light but very fresh and they have the best cofffee machine!

The entire staff was very friendly and gave great service. Momo was at the front desk and was happy to answer all of our questions and gave great directions.

I would advise anyone wanting to stay in a central hotel in Paris, this is the one for you.

Room Tip: Don't use Paris Shuttle from Viator. We had to run to catch our plane. Ask the hotel who they...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

My first visit to this hotel was with friends in June 2010 and we had a great time. I have been back with a few more friends in January 2011 and again this summer with my kids. Everytime we were welcomed and all staff were very friendly, accomodating and full of great advise. Was great to be able to practice my french every mornong with the ladies in the breakfasrt room and Michael who takes care of hotel and guests in the evening. The manager is fabulous, always has a smile and will help you plan dinners, bike tours and remind you which museums are closed on what days.

Having recently traveled the UK, my expectations for this cosy little hotel were that it would be clean and comfortable, the satff would be friendly and let me practice my rudimentary french (the only way to improve) that the building would reflect the character of the historic area it was in, and most important to me, that I would not be surrounded by 400 other tourists in an North American hotel chain environment.

Well you may have surmised from my return visits that my expectations were met and my friends and children enjoyed there stay as well. I love the character of the gated courtyard and the hotel being on the upper floors of building so often dont hear much noise, I love taking the winding staircase up to third floor to the reception area and breakfast area and I enjoy the variety of room sizes which lets you chose one that suits your visit. We were hardly ever in rooms so I didnt need a large space but we did travel with other couples and one had a loft room which was bigger so we would meet there for evening wine, bread and cheese. The breakfast provided reflects a typical european meal, bread, croissants, meat, cheese, yougart and for us North Americans I appreciated the coffee. Perfect start to my 'french' day. The hotel is beginning to update and renovate its interior and rooms, I will be sorry to see the old elevator go but for those of you who dont pack in carry on as I do, the owners have heard your comments about a bigger elevator.

You can walk, use the handy bike rental across the street, take the train or jump on/off bus and see everything around central paris. The carousel cafe and Willi's wine bar are my favourite spots for dinner. Could go on but will sum up by saying, this little hotel is wonderful and I will be stoppng by again as soon as I can. Paris requires multiple visits !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family of booked two rooms at this hotel for four nights. It is as the other reviewers say - if you're wanting a great location for an affordable price, this is it. If you're wanting staff who speak english, elevators that work, a working fridge and beds that are bigger than a cot and have more padding than a sleeping bag, then this place is not for you. Walking distance to most major attractions: Place de la Concorde (5 minutes), Louvre (10 minutes), Musee d'Orsay (10 minutes), Eiffel Tower (20 minutes), Champs Elysee (10 minues), Arc de Triomphe (20 minutes).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
iNDIANA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Quaint "old Paris" feel with great central Paris location.Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff plus delicious included breakfast made this a good value.Walk from Opera (Roissybus drop) to hotel 10 minutes! Tuillereis jardin 4 minutes.. Even watched the tour d' France pass on Rue Rivolis from our "Balcony" as we leaned out window. Hotel on 3rd floor with small lift..charming.Grand daughter and I felt comfortable and safe. Beds were excetionally comfortable ... can be noisy...bring earplugs.
Ann

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

There's definitely a reason why this hotel is No 945. So we just misjudged the tripadvisor... The entrance is in a courtyard and the reception is on 3rd floor. The guy there hardly spoke english, but we got a room on the 5th floor. It was like a hostel and a very low ceiling, no smoke detectors, no fire escape. So I was trying to find something else instead, but everything was full. The next day they moved us on the 4th floor and the room was MUCH BETTER! So try to figure out how to secure it... I called to this hotel before we went couple of times and was asked not to call, if I have my reservation on print. Call it a warm welcome?

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floors only
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family