Indeed, the longish title sums up what's remarkable about this modernly-quaint, to coin a description, Apartment Hotel on the left bank of the river seine.
Sadly, our one bedroom apartment was not river facing but in the rear of the property. However it was well appointed and quiet and kind of "cute" given its split level layout with the living room with its double sofa cum bed downstairs as also the kitchen and the toilet and the main bedroom and the shower upstairs! Sounds bizarre and it is a bit let me say- but we got used to this pretty quickly and got on with life, welcoming the opportunity to get some extra exercise in taking the lovely wooden stairway that curved upstairs to the bedroom.
People make the difference is something we often say when describing businesses or hotels. This truly played out at the Citadines Saint Germain des pres! The staff at the front desk- all of them, across shifts, was competent, helpful and courteous. I must single out the ever smiling and super efficient Sofia as well as Elsa- who though relatively new at the property, was ever willing to help with facilities and directions or anything else we needed.
A lot of credit goes to Mr Manh Tuong Trinh- the affable Guest Relation Manager, who wears his love for the job he's done for 30 years with the ease of a freshman and the aplomb of a senior Pro! One would believe that his customer delight ethos has played a large part in the way people at the hotel look after every customer. Sitting in the sky light warmed bright lobby, sipping cups of complementary tea or coffee or hot chocolate- available round the clock out of a well positioned machine- one couldn't help observing how every guest was attended to with full attention and efficiency by the lobby managers and the front office folks.
Great location too- minutes away from the Notre dam, Saint Michel Boulevard, Pont Neuf and from there all the way to the Louvre, Champs Élysées, the Arc de Triumph as well as Musee D'Orsay, Latin quarter, Montraprannase, Saint Germain Boulevard and high fashion shopping at Rue Royal. Well connected by Metro to the Palace of Versailles, Eiffel Tower- just 3 stops- Palais Royale, the Napoleons museum, Pantheon and thro Montraprannase, the Catacombs.
The location is not just beautiful and strategic in terms of where it is in Paris( Notre Dam is the geographical centre of the city!), but also eliminates Euros of travel cost and promotes walking! I still have not mentioned the magnificent gardens- Jardines de Tulleries, through which one walks once past the Louvre and the Concorde Plaza. Or Jardines de Luxembourg a couple of blocks down on Boulevard St Michel.
Back to the hotel and our apartment, I must add that the kitchen was fully equipped with whatever one could need- from crockery to cutlery to utensils, a kettle, toaster and cleaning materials. So it's easy to churn out breakfast or a home cooked meal!
To summarise, we truly loved the place and would recommend it every time and go back to it too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Seine, Apart'hotel Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris is set in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Soak up the truly exceptional atmosphere of the famous Boulevards Saint-Michel and Saint-Germain, its narrow streets and its art galleries. You'll have front-row seats to a historical performance. In addition to numerous bus routes, you can count on Metro lines 4 and 7 as well as RER lines B (direct to Charles de Gaulle Airport) and C to get you where you need to go. Our reception is open 24/7. Since parking in this district can prove something of a challenge, a private car park (charges apply) is available. Because we are committed to guaranteeing you an exceptional stay, enjoy our many lounge areas, where coffee and tea are available, as well as our fitness room. Your Apart Hotel offers you an uninterrupted view of the banks of the Seine and its bookshops that will plunge you into a typically Parisian atmosphere. The Pont-Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, is directly opposite your door. Cross it to reach the Ile de la Cité and Notre-Dame. You can then head off to drink a hot chocolate at the Café de Flore, one of the iconic institutions of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. In the afternoon, why not go to sample one of the famed ice-creams at Berthillon, on the Ile Saint-Louis? But perhaps you would prefer to go shopping along Rue de Buci, visit the Louvre or stroll along the paths of the Luxembourg gardens. For your evening, don't forget to book a theatre seat at the Théâtre de la Ville, the Théâtre de l'Odéon or the Théâtre du Châtelet. Whether you are in Paris on business or for your holidays, our serviced apartments hotel offers you modern accommodation that is suited to your needs. From our studios for one or two people to our two-room apartments for three or four, all offer a fully equipped kitchen, cable television, air conditioning and complementary WiFi. Personalise your stay with a whole range of à la carte services: daily housekeeping, laundry and dry cleaning, buffet breakfast and flexible modular meeting rooms with views of the Seine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres