“Great Location”

Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris
Ranked #277 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am all about location and this was wonderful! It was difficult to get there from the train station because we couldn't find a metro that went close to the hotel but we eventualy figured it out. The staff was very helpful in making suggestions and answering any questions we had. The internet in the building was a little cranky and that caused some major problems when we were trying to find a specific ice cream place. The little kitchenettes in each room were perfect and covered every need we could think of! I would highly suggest this to any friends or family visiting Paris.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Courtneay
There are newer reviews for Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I spent 8 days in Paris and we stayed at the Citadines. We could not have found a hotel/apartment with a better location. Easy walking to Notre Dame and the Louvre. There was a great little hub about 3 minutes walk away which included restaurants, bakeries, wine store, supermarket and shopping. Our one bedroom apartment was very spacious with an ample living area and well equipped kitchen. The bed was slightly hard for my liking but my husband had no complaints. We didn't not have a view of the Seine but we had a view of Notre Dame over Mary Poppins roof tops. We did not include breakfast in our package however we used this facility on our early morning starts. The breakfast was am ample start to the day. We also used the dry cleaning failites without issue. The staff were very helpful. We would definitely stay there again on our return to Paris. Our week in Paris was one of the best weeks of our lives.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked a studio apartment 3 months in advance, as I've stayed in their other properties and found them satisfactory. The room was spacious (by Paris standards for sure) and the kitchen was fully loaded, which is very useful. This location is just great...bang on the Seine river and walking distance to almost all attractions and sights. However, very few rooms have a view of the river and you need to book in advance if you want the view. We'd a room at the back with practically no view but it was very quite and how much time can one spend in the room while in Paris anyway??! The complimentary tea/coffee in the lounge is a very good touch. Staff is very helpful but a bit of friendliness wouldn't hurt! When we arrived, it was very hot and the afternoon sun directly on our room didn't help. The AC in the room was not functioning and it took them two days to fix it. Need to improve on being responsive to guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently visited my daughter and son-in-law who are living in Paris. I booked a studio apartment at Citadines and was very impressed with the staff, service and apartment in general. Paris is an expensive city and often accommodation is also expensive; good accommodation being hard to find. Citadines was in an excellent position personally for me as it was close to the RER at St Michel and it is on the line for the CDG airport. I found the reception staff very helpful and friendly and my room was always tidied and cleaned. There was a laundry available to use, a very well equipped kitchen that I made good use of. A buffet breakfast was available to those who preferred that option. Travelling as a lone female, I found the hotel very safe and secure, and was in an area that had a bustling restaurant area in the vicinity that I found quite safe to walk around in at night. I enjoyed my time at Citadines and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I had a studio apartment but you could opt for the studio club apartment with a view over the Seine...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 723traveller
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a modern hotel, right on the Seine, in the midst of the major highlights in Paris, at the foot of the Pont Neuf. There is nothing charming about this hotel. The rooms are small, with white walls, a small TV, a small bathroom and a handy kitchen with refridgerator, stove top and dish washer. Everything about the hotel is "minimal". There is no door man. No one to help with baggage. The staff at the desk is overworked, which means standing in line to check in or out. There's no concierge, so that it's difficult to ask for directions or make reservations at times when there are lines for guests checing in or out. The maid service was minimal and late (bed was made, bathroom sink not cleaned, and I had to call to get this done when I discovered the room had not been serviced by 1 in the afternoon. On the other hand, since I requested a room with a view, I had a magnificent view of the Seine, St. Chapelle, Notre Dame, Montmartre, etc. So this place is a mixed bag. I wouldn't choose it again.

Room Tip: I had room 2702, on the 7th floor with a magnificent view. Highly recommended. Room 2701 was right...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank susanb11
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great location on the river in a great neighborhood, centrally located in the middle of the city making walking to different points convenient. We got there early, and they were nice enough to keep our bags until check-in time. Because we were early, we asked about our room. They said that our room wasn't ready yet, but if we wanted a room now they only had one on the first floor available. We said we'd wait. We came back in the evening and they said they only had that first floor room available. It was fine, but would have preferred not being led to believe we had a different room. The heat in our room was broken. Perhaps the hotel was a bit overvalued for what we paid. Staff was friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the river.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdebona
Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you like being on the Left Bank (which I do) you couldn't ask for a better location. It's a block away from Pont Neuf and walkable to Notre Dame, The Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay. Hotel itself is modern with little Parisian charm but the staff is friendly and all speak English. Main drawback was size of my studio unit. The galley kitchen is cramped and there is no room for a table to eat it or comfortable chairs if you want to just hang out and relax.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple