On a recent visit to Paris there were three of us travelling together so we decided to share an apartment rather than two separate hotel rooms. I chose this property because of TA reviews and its location - it was my sister's first visit to Paris and we wanted to be close to the main attractions.
The location was perfect. Next to the Seine, we could walk to the Notre Dame, Saint Chapelle, Boulevard Saint-Germain and the Louvre. The Metro station was also close.
We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed. When we entered the room we were extremely pleased to discover that the apartment was on two levels with the main bedroom upstairs. This was the perfect set-up for us - it gave us all some privacy during our stay. During our four week European holiday this was the only sofa bed my sister slept on but she said it was the most comfortable and the best bed she had slept on (we stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels elsewhere).
The bathroom was on the upper level; however, there was only one toilet downstairs. The stairway was steep and narrow and may not suit everyone.
We were located on the top floor and had great views over the Paris rooftops - this was an unexpected surprise. It helped us feel more connected with the city as we sipped champaign and sampled the abundance of local French cheeses we bought from the supermarket located a short walk away (highly recommended).
Our apartment was refreshingly large by Parisian standards with loads of storage and coat hangers, a kitchenette (with small fridge and dishwasher and good quality plates and cutlery), ironing board and balcony. The decor wasn't anything special but it was roomy, clean and comfortable. There is a gym but it's located in the rabbit-warren corridors connecting the different sections of the property.
What I wasn't aware of was the rooms are not serviced every day - but every second day. It didn't really bother us.
There was no laundry (or it was out of order) but there is a great laundromat close.
Compared to Paris hotels we have stayed at we thought this apartment was fantastic value for money for 3+ people traveling together. Compared to a 4 or 5 star hotel this property would be a 3.5 equivalent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Seine, Apart'hotel Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris is set in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Soak up the truly exceptional atmosphere of the famous Boulevards Saint-Michel and Saint-Germain, its narrow streets and its art galleries. You'll have front-row seats to a historical performance. In addition to numerous bus routes, you can count on Metro lines 4 and 7 as well as RER lines B (direct to Charles de Gaulle Airport) and C to get you where you need to go. Our reception is open 24/7. Since parking in this district can prove something of a challenge, a private car park (charges apply) is available. Because we are committed to guaranteeing you an exceptional stay, enjoy our many lounge areas, where coffee and tea are available, as well as our fitness room. Your Apart Hotel offers you an uninterrupted view of the banks of the Seine and its bookshops that will plunge you into a typically Parisian atmosphere. The Pont-Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, is directly opposite your door. Cross it to reach the Ile de la Cité and Notre-Dame. You can then head off to drink a hot chocolate at the Café de Flore, one of the iconic institutions of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. In the afternoon, why not go to sample one of the famed ice-creams at Berthillon, on the Ile Saint-Louis? But perhaps you would prefer to go shopping along Rue de Buci, visit the Louvre or stroll along the paths of the Luxembourg gardens. For your evening, don't forget to book a theatre seat at the Théâtre de la Ville, the Théâtre de l'Odéon or the Théâtre du Châtelet. Whether you are in Paris on business or for your holidays, our serviced apartments hotel offers you modern accommodation that is suited to your needs. From our studios for one or two people to our two-room apartments for three or four, all offer a fully equipped kitchen, cable television, air conditioning and complementary WiFi. Personalise your stay with a whole range of à la carte services: daily housekeeping, laundry and dry cleaning, buffet breakfast and flexible modular meeting rooms with views of the Seine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres