This was our 2nd trip to Paris. The first time we stayed in a hotel which was small and not conveniently located. This time we decided to go the apartment route and this Citadine was recommended to us. What a surprise when we arrived! Despite having a room in the 3rd building, which is a bit detached from the reception area, the room was huge (by Paris terms) and because it backed on to a smaller street, was very quiet. Having a kitchenette gave us the flexibility to eat in or out. Because I am tall, I didn't want a sofa bed. What we got was a Murphy/wall bed which turned out to be really comfortable. Having Wifi in the room was a great perk. It was a fast connection and we were able to keep in touch with our family and friends back home. There were lots of restaurants and small stores for groceries,,,and many chocolate shops within easy walking distance. We never had breakfast at the hotel because we were trying to eat lite, but there was a small boulangerie at Place St. Michel (3 minutes away) that had a great breakfast deal, The St. Michel metro stop just a very short walk away allowed us to travel to the many places we wanted to see and to get to and from the CDG airport. But what we found was that we could have walked just as easily from the hotel. Of course, the Louvre and Notra Dame were really close, but so was the Musee D'orsay and from there, the Grand Palaise and from there the Champs d'Elysse. You get the point. Paris was great over the Christmas holiday period and we plan to make this trip an annual event. Of course the Citadine will be our first choice. Definitely try this hotel/apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the Seine, Apart'hotel Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris is set in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Soak up the truly exceptional atmosphere of the famous Boulevards Saint-Michel and Saint-Germain, its narrow streets and its art galleries. You'll have front-row seats to a historical performance. In addition to numerous bus routes, you can count on Metro lines 4 and 7 as well as RER lines B (direct to Charles de Gaulle Airport) and C to get you where you need to go. Our reception is open 24/7. Since parking in this district can prove something of a challenge, a private car park (charges apply) is available. Because we are committed to guaranteeing you an exceptional stay, enjoy our many lounge areas, where coffee and tea are available, as well as our fitness room. Your Apart Hotel offers you an uninterrupted view of the banks of the Seine and its bookshops that will plunge you into a typically Parisian atmosphere. The Pont-Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, is directly opposite your door. Cross it to reach the Ile de la Cité and Notre-Dame. You can then head off to drink a hot chocolate at the Café de Flore, one of the iconic institutions of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. In the afternoon, why not go to sample one of the famed ice-creams at Berthillon, on the Ile Saint-Louis? But perhaps you would prefer to go shopping along Rue de Buci, visit the Louvre or stroll along the paths of the Luxembourg gardens. For your evening, don't forget to book a theatre seat at the Théâtre de la Ville, the Théâtre de l'Odéon or the Théâtre du Châtelet. Whether you are in Paris on business or for your holidays, our serviced apartments hotel offers you modern accommodation that is suited to your needs. From our studios for one or two people to our two-room apartments for three or four, all offer a fully equipped kitchen, cable television, air conditioning and complementary WiFi. Personalise your stay with a whole range of à la carte services: daily housekeeping, laundry and dry cleaning, buffet breakfast and flexible modular meeting rooms with views of the Seine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris
- Citadines St Germain Des Pres