“Wonderful apartments in centre of Paris”

Citadines Saint-Germain-des-Pres Paris
Ranked #287 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful apartments in centre of Paris”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I stayed at the Citadines in April and enjoyed the friendly staff, location and was happy with the apartment. Unfortunately there was a power cut while I was there and I was moved to the Louvre Citadines. The hotel did this all with ease.

Room Tip: Studio overlooking garden was very pleasant
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I spent 3 nights at Citadines St-Germain-des-Pres and can recommend it!

It is close to the RER station, so very easy to get there from CDG airport, with RER B. The neighbourhood is great, student area with lots of art-stores, restaurants and bakeries. Louvre and Notre-Dame at walking distance.

On arrival the check-in took quite some time. Although the receptionist was very friendly she tried to answer the phone, help her colleague and me at the same time. Same happened at check-out, so some issues at the front desk.

I booked a Club-studio, had a terrific view over the river Seine, plenty of room, nice bathroom, good kitchen (with a dishwasher), fast internet. Ipod-dock was also very handy. Bed was very good, but the bed had strange legs that were sticking out 10cm, after hurting my feet twice I put some pillows against them. The room was not as clean as I like it, I found some hairs and nailclippings that were def. not mine....

The room is not cleaned every day, but I was called the second day if I needed clean towels or anything else, so no problem with that!

Although some issues I can absolutely recommend this apartment, would return if I would go to Paris again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Our travel agent booked us a Studio Premier Double for my husband, our son who is nearly two and myself. The room was spacious, even with a cot set up. We used the kitchenette a few times. The best aspect of staying here was the location right on the Seine, we could pop back to our room throughout the day and pop out again. We didn't need to use the Metro at all, plenty to see on foot, and enjoyed an evening tour of the Seine from nearby dock. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nell28
Tustin, CA
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed in July 2011 after returning from a cruise in Barcelona. We flew in and were greeted by very helpful and friendly staff. We booked an executive apartment which had a kitchen, large living room with two beds (one for our 15 yr old daughter and the other for our 12 yr old son), plus a separate bedroom with it's own tv for us.

Location is nearly perfect. The neighborhood south of the hotel is filled with cafes, markets and style. The metro stop, St. Michel is a few minutes walk and the Notre Dame cathedral is literally across the street (and the river Seine).

We rented Velib city bikes from one of two nearby bike racks. Bring an American Express card if your Visa isn't a Euro issued one with a security chip. America Visa credit cards don't have chips - so you need an Amex. Best way to see the city BY FAR. We spent hours riding each day, returning the bikes to a nearby rack (find the Velib iPhone app) wherever we were visiting.

Hotel doesn't have a restaurant but does offer breakfast.

I will be back with the family. Location, large rooms and nice but not overly fancy accommodations make it a winner.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank SCfan88
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. The staff were friendly and my room was clean, quiet and quite spacious for being a studio. Large, comfortable bed and the bathroom had a tub with a nice sloped back that was perfect for soaking weary bones when too tired to stand for a shower. Large vanity, hair dryer and heated towel rack in the bathroom as well. Fully equipped kitchenette provides all the necessities for cooking your own meals. Also provided are iron/ironing board and free wifi in the lobby. The location couldn't be better. Located across the street from the Seine, many sights are within walking distance. Just minutes from Notre Dame, less than 10 minutes to The Louvre, 30 minutes to the Concorde and about the same to The Eiffel Tower and Champs-Elysees. Not to mention, restaurants, cafes, pubs, boutiques ..all within minutes walking distance from this hotel. Very close to the metro, monoprix and fruit market. I am a solo female traveller and felt very safe in this area and the hotel locks the doors after 9pm so only key-card holders can access the building. The staff did not even let phone calls go through to my room without asking my permission first. I would recommend staying here to anyone and I will without a doubt stay here again. My trip was fantastic!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank kewpey
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed here with my 15 year old daughter for 3 nights. We found it to be comfortable, clean, and the staff were pleasant. It is in a good location, as it's close to lots of cafe's, a supermarket and a market, and lots of boutiques. It is also just around the corner from the metro, which we found to be very useful.
Although not luxurious, the room was adequate and everything was in working order, and we had no noise problems.
The corridors were a bit shabby looking with noisy fire doors.
Check out time was a problem, with only two small, slow lifts. We almost missed our train due to the delay with the lifts and check out. so I suggest you give yourself a good 20 minutes extra when leaving.
Overall we found it to be a pleasant stay and we would be happy to stay there again if we were to ever come back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenny0302
Brussels
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at a 1-bedroom, with a 5yr old, and my wife. Appartment was spacious and well equipped, all required infrastructure to be able to cook small meals for kids etc. Internet free and good. The hotel is centrally located with many opportunities for a walk in the neighbourhood. The street in front of the hotel is very busy, but our room was at the back side (=no view of Ilot Sacré and Seine), but that was not really disappointing. Recommend for families and/or extended stay in Paris. Breakfast buffet was very disappointing, did not take it but had it in a bistro in the street, much more fun. Hotel was very busy with many tour groups arriving/departing at awkward times. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Clean hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family