“Fantastic Location, wonderful boutique experience despite shaky start”
Review of La Clef Louvre

La Clef Louvre
Ranked #22 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I do hate it when you come to check in after 3pm and a room is not available...not the best start...then you are given a room which does not have a key feature from the amenities list that you were looking for ( washer/dryer ) but to take a brief walk around nearby streets you come back and they have sorted the issues with a smile and you are in a fabulous mini suite with Paris style and a hint of luxury, with views over Paris rooftops....great! This boutique hotel (which you can spot from inside the Louvre Napoleon wing) is central to everything, but they have a late check out of 12 and a high occupancy rate...this means you may only have late afternoon access to your room...but what a room...luxury bedding, good towels with heated rack, L'Occitane toiletries, robes, slippers, lit magnifying mirror,scale and a mini kitchen with all the features including coffee pod machine and washer/dryer. Mineral Water provided. If you are in the middle of a long trip, it gives you a chance to avoid eating every meal out and do laundry too! Small fitness room downstairs, good hotel security. Supermarket, restaurants and local public bicycle hires ( which were great ) all around. Easy walk though to many attractions including Les Halles and Marais district and easy bicycle if you are reasonably fit to all the sites. Housekeepers are excellent and even cleaned pigeon droppings from our windows daily! In fact the pigeons were the only negative cooing and scratching on the roof early in the morning, loathe to open the windows fully in case they flew in! Only other minor negatives...could do with few more hangers in wardrobe and a pity you could not adjust the air temp below 18 which I would have liked to do at night.
Overall though a fantastic experience despite the shaky start...hope to visit again!

Room Tip: Although listed on all sites that rooms all have washer/dryer, not all do so if this is important to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MargaretPowell

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate to be suprised for my most recent birthday to be taken to this hidden gem.

Upon arrival safe were very relaxed and friendly (as with most 5 star venues) but at this point i waa quite underwelmed.

We then took a slow totter to our Suite and my gosh...... what a suprise.

The room was amazing, fully working kitchen, quite balcony with a good sized living room.

We have stayed in many five star places in paris but without a doubt, will return here.

The only improvement we could find was that a barman, would have been nice.

Magnific

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CuratingNate
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Superbe! My girlfriend and I love going to luxury hotels. We are back from a week end there in Paris. We booked a Grande Suite that was finally looking over the large theatre next door. Second time we go there and we were recognised by the staff! My girlfriend was really happy with the people that greeted us, this hotel is just great, Breakfast is amazing, Room Service is really good and the Bar is soooo good! Will definitly come back !

Room Tip: I asked them to buy for me champagne and flowers - my girlfriend was really happy about it !!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nicozim4
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed here for a 3 night weekend in mid January. Was very pleased with my choice. Location was excellent. Very central, not overly busy and very close to a Metro stop. The room was well laid out and the option of a small sitting room and kitchenette are great. The dining room/breakfast area was very nice and the breakfast was first rate. Sophie was very helpful in assisting me with restaurant reservations. I only have 2 small caveats. The lobby is small, almost non-existent, and for those who like grand hotel lobbies, you will be disappointed. Also, the bathroom is way too small. Even though the toilet is separate, the bathroom needs to be bigger. But very happy and you will be too.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank flunie
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We spent 2 nights in this hotel and we wished it had been longer. Not only because Paris is Paris but because this place is truly a great experience.

Upon arrival, very late at night, we were upgraded to a suite with a beautiful room with a gorgeous balcony. The room itself was beautiful with an excellent coffee machine which for me is absolutely necessary. We had a small sitting area with TV, beautiful room with TV, nice bath with a separate toilette room and a small kitchen with fridge, microwave, and lots of storage.

The decor is gorgeous, very much par to the style Paris hotels are being decorated nowadays. Very calming and elegant. Service was excellent, every staff member was very pleasant and helpful.

The location could not be more perfect. The metro is less than two blocks away, the Louvre is less than two blocks away. You can walk to many places and you are right in the center so you can have easy access to so many arrondissements! Le Marais is probably two stops away, the musee the orsay is 2 to 3 stops away. Just one of the best locations in Paris.

We did not try the breakfast just because I love "street breakfast" in Paris, trying coffee ad croissants in different places. I thought it was a bit overprices at over 20EU per person, but hey this is Paris...

We will definitely be back, this is probably our new hotel in Paris.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TuscanMom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We spent one night in Paris and Citadines Suites Louvre was exactly what we needed! Beautiful small and quiet apartments in a perfect location right in the heart of 1st Arr. Every place we wanted to visit was walking distance (shops, restaurants, bars, clubs) Of course the suite would have been perfect as well if we had more days to spend. It can work perfectly as an independent apartment with fully equipped kitchen, dining and sitting area but also as a 5star hotel room!
The staff was really friendly and helpful! I would definitely stay in the Citadines Suites on my next visit and I highly recommend it for a short or long stay in Paris.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Melisoni
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I felt right at home when I stayed here for 4 nights in December. I love that it was central to all the attractions I had on my agenda. Two station to use the subway were minutes away. Customer service was amazing. All staff greeted you always and were very helpful. I thought the room was a good size for two. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom had a bathtub and shower combined. Towels were large and thick and there was a heated towel rack. Kithenette was nice which had a washer/dryer combo, small fridge, stove and sink. Breakfast buffet was good and I found that it cost just as much eating out in town as the buffet price. I highly recommend staying at this hotel for a wonderful and comfortable stay in Paris.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple