Hotel Albe Saint Michel
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
1,321 results
All reviewslatin quarternotre damegreat locationrue de la harpearound the cornernoisy at nightseine rivertriple roomcluny museumstreet noiserer bcdg airportcrepestaxi standrooms are smallbusy areacroissants
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Fantastic location, mattress was comfy, rooms clean and bright. Room was small but met our needs... who needs a huge room in Paris - you only need bed to sleep in - the rest of the time should be spent exploring the wonderful streets!. We had a corner room with a great view of the Seine. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had our 9 year old daughter with us in a triple room (double and single bed).

Ideal place to stay particularly if you only have limited time (we had 3 days). Walking distance to most attractions and metro almost at your doorstep,

Room Tip: Ask for corner room, with view of Seine
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KristieSB
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of March 2013 for 2 nights. The locations is fabulous if you want to stay on the Left Bank and in walking distance of most of the sights in Paris. It is also located on a street that has a huge selection of restaurants, bars etc.
The room was small with not a great deal of room around the bed. There was a also a desk with a mirror and a reasonable amount of storage space. The room also contained a safe. I was on the second floor with a view over the main street. The bathroom was recently reonvated with no storage room for beauty products. Also, the room had a distastful smell and I think it was the sink hole in the bathroom. Clearly, the water level is too low and the smell from there fills the whole room.
I found the room extremely warm and there was no way of cooling the room down as the cooling function had been disabled. I resorted to turning the air con completely and opening the windows but being on the second floor I didn't feel comfortable leaving the large doors (which is all you had) open during the night. Also, it was very noisy with the windows open.
From reception you need to walk up about 4 stairs to reach the elevators and the staff do not assist you even with a lot of luggage.
I didn't have breakfast at the hotel and wouldn't considering the price, you could probably get cheaper and better in the nearby cafes or if you want a truly indulgent breakfast head to Angelina's on the rue de Rivoli for the most decadent hot chocolate you will ever have! You usually need to line up but it's worth the wait.
Overall, the hotel is in a great location but I wouldn't stay there again as it's extremely overpriced for what you get. I would stay at Hotel Europe Saint Severin which is just around the corner, much cheaper and a truly lovely hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lovesolotravel
Reviewed May 4, 2013

As with all of my accommodation I relied on reviews from tripadvisor and Hotel D'Albe was true to the reviews and I was not disappointed.

I stayed 2 weeks in this hotel and had 2 different rooms. The first week's room was wonderful and the second week not so wonderful. In saying that, the overall stay has been excellent for 2 primary reasons:
1. Location
2. Friendliness and helpful nature of the staff

As a writer and student of french language, I needed to stay in the middle of things and walking distance to my language school. Hotel D'Albe is the perfect location to so much. The metro is steps away, Il Saint-Louis and Il De Cite are within easy reach across beautiful bridges. The Odeon, Pantheon, Jardin du Luxembourg, Musee de Cluny, just across the river is the Marais, and the heart of the Latin Quarter with all its restaurants, clubs and ambiance is at your front door. I walked everywhere and it was superb!

The rooms have free wifi, minibar and television. The bed was comfortable and the hotel cleanliness impeccable. The rooms are serviced everyday if required and the breakfast is 11 euro but a nice way to start the day. Of course there are a myriad of cafes and restaurants just outside the front door too.

The staff were so helpful and even assisted with my french! I needed tickets printed and they helped with that. I felt safe here and as a solo traveler that is important.

I would have no hesitation in returning. Thank you to all at the hotel - I would love to mention your names but only know of Fabian, the other staff members, both females a big thank you to you both as well.

Room Tip: I would suggest the higher up you go OR at the back of the hotel will be the quietest.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayded in just a week-end but that perfect location made it so easy. Metro, RER train, bus, taxi, everything you need to move in Paris are just in a corner. Rooms are clean, quite spacious (to be in Paris) and we slept very well thanks for good acoustic insolation of the windows.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2013

When I staying in a major city I do extensive research on the best location from which to explore the city. I have to say that my research in picking this hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel is located on a pedestrian only street a half a block off of St. Michel and right in the heart of the Latin Quarter. You're literally surrounded by restaurants and cafes so numerous you couldn't imagine. The vibe on the streets outside your hotel is wonderful, it almost seems as if you're staying in the middle of where everyone else is coming to from their hotel.

I've heard so much about poor service in Paris but the service here was outstanding. The room was always clean and the front desk staff very helpful. The elevator is pretty small but that never posed a problem for us and we were on the 5th floor. I was amazed at how well the windows cut out the street sound but you may not want to cut it out as that's a great part of the ambiance in which you're surrounded at this location.

As I mentioned there's lots of restaurants in the vicinity but if you're at all discerning in your food then I would give most of them a miss and head for something a bit further afield like Chez Rene which was only about a 10 minute walk. For breakfast we just went to the bakery next door every morning for our croissants and coffee.

Location is a block from the metro and blocks from Notre Dame. We never ended up taking the metro and walked everywhere. It took us about an hour to walk to Sacre Coeur. Le Louvre is probably only about a 15 min walk and Eiffel Tower is a good 45 mins. There's also a Monoprix just down the street if you need some water and snacks for the room. Also, real close to Jardins de Luxembourg where we had a wonderful picnic with a bottle of wine and sandwiches purchased from the Paul just down the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple