“Not a museum: its a shop!”

Theatre-musee des Capucines
Book In Advance
More Info
$115.76*
and up
Perfume Creation Workshop in Paris
Ranked #599 of 1,180 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: For perfume lovers, this museum offers a look into how perfume is made.
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Dont go here expecting a museum, it really is a store with some display of how to make perfume. The "museum" is one room, one third of the size of the shop! It is not a bad place for a visit if you would like to buy a cute perfume.

There are newer reviews for Theatre-musee des Capucines

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The tour is below average, the exhibits ok, the shop pretty expensive. i have definetly wasted my time here. If you are looking for classic french products in a stylish shop, look for the shops outside the Lourve museum.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Something in me felt like trying a french twist in my hair that morning. I was already grinning incessantly from the fresh news of a grandchild-on-the-way, when informed to get ready for a new surprise. When I asked as to the appropriateness of my attire, my-daughter-in-law assured me ,'perfect." Off we sped towards Boulevard des Capucines in the 9th arrondissement. There, a flagship store on the corner; next door a little museum upstairs of parfum treasures and a little workroom where we attended a fun class in developing our own scent. It was a bucket list item for me and the bonus was the girl time with my daughter-in-law, who understood and spoke French, alors que j'ai aucun parlor.... An interesting student body, la femme professor who elaborated in french and gave us the gist in English, provided for a lesson in the 5 bases of scent and tips on what would come forward when blended with other compoents. A delicious trip to the gift boutique topped off the adventure. "Bohemian Queen" was deemed my final creation and I enjoy it still today. What a fantastic experience...

2  Thank kauaivalentine
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A truly feminine and elegant place. Extraordinary perfumes that will enchant you and lighten as well, dear madame...
The tour in the museum is free, however a bit disappointing. The information it provides may be written in a one page leaflet but the exhibits are worth seeing.
The perfume shop, however, is breathtaking and it is worth spending your money on a bottle of perfume as a souvenir from Paris.

1  Thank JoruneK
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is a small, free Museum that I would definately recommend for Ladies. The shop has some wonderful perfume choices...