“Best in Paris!!!”
Review of La Villa Maillot

La Villa Maillot
Ranked #137 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

i travelled with 2 kids. The kids loved the hotel after staying in the worn out rooms of disneyland.newly furbished rooms were spotless clean . The sevice was exceptionally good and friendly ( much more than you would expect in a parisian hotel).
Would definitely recommed for anyone

• Stayed: August 2013
LaVillaMaillot, Directeur général at La Villa Maillot, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Greating from La Villa Maillot & Spa in Paris,

The whole team of La Villa Maillot is so pleased and proud to read your opinion from your last stay.
It was a pleasure for us to host and delight you and your kids.

Please do feel welcome anytime at La Villa Maillot & Spa, your new home away from home in Paris.

Thomas Sechet, General Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am almost hesitant to write this review as I feel if I say how truly fantastic Villa Maillot is, it will become one of Paris's best secrets no more!! But I shall go ahead and can definitely say what a fantastic experience it was staying at Villa Maillot - my husband and I decided to finish our honeymoon in Paris staying in two hotels, and were delighted we chose Villa Maillot for our first three nights. The hotel is in the Port Maillot/Etoille district, there are two really good restaurants French and an Italian right next door, a supermarket across the way, and the metro about a two minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is very modern with a very cool boutique flavour to it. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by Patrick, a total gentleman who immediately on hearing it was our honeymoon offered us a glass of champagne at the bar. We were delighted on seeing our room, again very modern, flat screen tv, big comfy bed, with a cool futon at the end and an incredible bathroom, where there is a large built in tv in the wall, if you fancy watching tv from your bath! This is my sixth time in Paris and the room is definitely on the bigger side for a standard/delux room, and we though the 'order your own pillow' option was very cool. We had breakfast in the hotel every day, and it was really good, fresh fruit, a bread counter, meats, cheeses, and a smaller hot counter egg/sausages along with fresh fruit juice and lovely coffee. The staff at hotel as many have mentioned really are lovely, friendly, helpful, and very professional and efficient with any queries we had. We were so pleasantly surpised by Villa Maillot, we have stayed in many 4 star, and a few 5 star hotels in Paris, but for us Villa Maillot was a fantastic find offering a great combination of value, fantastic service, and something cool and unique in a very competitive hotel environment, we will definitely be back, keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarshaC
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at this hotel. There are a lot of little details in the room we stayed in that may not mean much individually but add to the overall experience. Things like: sliding doors for the closet and bathroom, a ledge above the bed for wallets and keys, large TV inset into the wall, nespresso machine AND a kettle for water, a separate door for the toilet, a sofa and table at the foot of the bed, and reading lights over the bed. Another small thing, they left a child's toiletry package on my daughter's bed on the second day and a marshmallow chocolate bear on our pillow. Total cost probably less than 5 euro for them but they clearly know how much it elevates a guest's mood to find little presents in the room when you get back, no matter how trivial. And I'm no interior designer but the design of the room was really well done.

Service at the counter was as good as other reviews have suggested. Very attentive and pleasant during our short stay. They are very protective of the area in front of the hotel as well, constantly sweeping or cleaning it.

Two issues worth mentioning: the elevators are pretty small. Barely large enough for my wife and daughter and me plus a carry-on. There are mirrors in them that serve two purposes: make them look deceptively large, and provide entertainment to my family when I walk headfirst into them. Second issue was the unreliable internet in our room. It worked only in one area near the door and I strongly suspect it's because the network name conflicted with another one in a nearby building. It's through Orange so I imagine there isn't much they can do about it. But it meant we had to go old school for daily trip planning and <shudder> actually talk to people instead. And my daughter has claimed unfathomable damage to her social life.

Final note: my wife and I went with our 13yo daughter. We were all comfortable (king-size bed with a cot) but the hotel clearly caters to parties of 1 or 2. My wife and I are planning to come back sans enfants next year.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor facing the courtyard and it was plenty quiet. Street-facing rooms *may* be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank usherMocha
LaVillaMaillot, Directeur général at La Villa Maillot, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your time and your comments regarding your stay at La Villa Maillot. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed our attention to details for you.

Please aware your daughter Orange Engineers are already working in order to provide an excellent WIFI connection in all our rooms.

We'll be delighted to welcome you back at your earliest convenience.

The whole team of La Villa Maillot & Thomas Sechet, GM

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lovely Parisian hotel that I 1st stayed in 1996 and just renovated. Nice and friendly staff with super location. also extremely accommodating when we missed our flight and assisted us in changing reservation and letting us straight into room on early morning arrival

Room Tip: go high and get a view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thanks for sharing your experience at La Villa Maillot & Spa.
We do hope you did enjoyed our full renovation.
We do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back before 2020 !!!
Yours sincerely,

Thomas Sechet . General Manager

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very nice hotel. The staff was helpful. I opted for the middle price room, since Parisian hotel rooms are small by American Standards, and was delighted. The room came equipped with coffee maker, large TV in the mirror in the bathroom, nice bed. The AC worked, but it was quiet enough to open the windows. (Unusual for Paris). The staff was helpful with dinner reservations, cabs, and information, including warnings of the famous French pic-pockets on the metro. We were a day late arriving, due to missing a plane connection, and they did not charge us and held our room. Very kind staff.

Room Tip: Do not chose the cheapest and request a quiet room, although the way the hotel is constructed I thin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LaVillaMaillot, Directeur général at La Villa Maillot, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to have you staying at La Villa Maillot.
The whole team and myself are very pleased to read you enjoyed our luxury property and the service provided.
Month of June and especially Paris Air Show period are the most expensive one for hotels in Paris. Luxury is affordable this summer at La Villa Maillot as we are offering a Stay 3 nights pay for 2 package.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in a soon future we remain at your entire disposal.

Yours faithfully,

Thomas Sechet . General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very nice hotel, well located. Modern rooms with free Nespresso (like it!).
Breakfast room is nice. Garage avaialble. However not a cheap exercise.
Close to Champs-Elysée and Arc de Triomphe.
Personel at reception well trained, very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Whilst room faced the road, it was still quite due to doble windows. No worries.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
LaVillaMaillot, Directeur général at La Villa Maillot, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your warm comments and see you soon at La Villa Maillot & Spa

Thomas Sechet - GM

Reviewed June 23, 2013

La Villa Maillot is one of the few hotels that can genuinely take care of their guests. Location, hygiene, facilities and breakfast are all of extremely high quality, but where they differentiate themselves from million others is the service and care for their guests. I have left my passport behind at my room after checking out and only realised it when I was about to check in Eurostar. The hotel staffs responded with such professionalism and care that I could make the next Eurostar. My special thanks to Patrick who rushed through the city on his motorcycle to get to me as soon as possible. I can't thank all the staffs enough. I will be sure to recommend this hotel to my colleagues and friends because I know they will be in good hands.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your review.
We were so pleased to be able to bring you back your wallet so fast.
I pass your special thanks to Patrick and the Reception Team.
Please, do feel welcome anytime at La Villa Maillot, your new home away from home
Yours sincerely,