“Stay Away”

Ranked #1,090 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
sydney
“Stay Away”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Louvre. However, the room was dirty, smelt of stale cigarette smoke and urine. The smell was terrible and I had to move after 2 nights. One particular young man at reception was extremely unhelpful, even rude. The bathroom was very small and if you dropped the soap in the shower, you would have to open the door to bend down to pick it up. There was neither heating or cooling available as advertised. I hated it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jimmy61Sydney
Timhotellouvre, Directeur général at Timhotel Le Louvre, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are sorry that the service and the room did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies. All the rooms in our hotel are non smoking but sometimes clients don't respect it. We know thet the rooms and the bathrooms are small but we are in Paris and furthermore at 2 steps from the louvre.
Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets our clients's expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Smola Municipality, Norway
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked this hotel primarily because of the location, and that is also the only good thing about this hotel.
*The only window in our room faced an outside hallway.
*The bathroom, and especially the shower, were so small, that you almost felt claustrophobic if you closed the bathroom door.
*The breakfast consisted of croissants and jam as far as we saw all three mornings.
*Beds were HORRIBLE to sleep in. Our bodies were aching when we woke up.
*And last but not least, the frontdesk would not help us with any recommandations on where to go for dinner.

This is very low value for money, and I will never recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Timhotellouvre, Directeur général at Timhotel Le Louvre, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies. However regarding your comments :
* some rooms are in a little courtyard, yes, but like this it's very quite and for the center of Paris it's luxury !
* there is a large choice on the buffet breakfast and not only croissants and jam ! We are surethat there were also different sorts of bread and cheese, ham, eggs, fruits, pancakes, cereales, juices, yogurts, honney, nutella ....
* The beds have been changed in 2012 !
Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken (except of course for the size of the bathroom) to ensure that the quality level meets the expectations of our customers.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at hotel last weekend, I must say I have never seen such a rude front desk in my life.

With a nice smile on each occasion:

Instance #1 : I asked the front desk where I could find a shop for simcard, the person at the front desk replied "I would'nt know" with such rudeness as if I had asked for money from him. A simple "I don't know" would have been just fine.

instance #2 : I asked if I could change 500 euros, again (a different) guy said, very abruptly said "Sorry !! I cannot help". (Well I just seen a lot of change at the cash register, thats why I asked in the first place.). Anyways I did not expect him to provide me help nor was there any obligation, I understand that, but the rudeness my god !

instance #3: I had to take a printout for confirmation of local tour, I asked (back to first guy). I knew the hotel charges 10 cents for it, you know what this person gave one sheet of paper, as if I was going to cheat him and take printouts of many pages.

May be the hotel has had some bad experiences with tourists, hence they are behaving this way, but hellllo .. please be polite it does'nt take money to be polite !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies. Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us. Again thank you for your comments and hope to convince you, at the next visit, the inconvenience you have known were isolated incidents.
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am just back from a weekend trip to Paris with my girlfriend at the start of February, staying at this hotel.
After reading many reviews on here, we were in two minds about what to expect after so many mixed reviews, but overall I was very pleased with our experience of the hotel.
All front desk staff spoke good English, the room was small but had everything you need (kettle, tea, coffee etc.), there was a laundry service available, air con, french windows and most of all the bed was really comfortable.
The location is the best thing about this hotel - literally across the road from the Louvre and a Metro station (Palais-Royal, Le Louvre), pharmacy round the corner and a super market down the street. Also there were several small cafes and restaurants around with plenty of choice for eating at night.
The Eiffel Tower was within walking distance by following the Seine the whole way, and the Arc de Triomphe was 2 stops away on the Metro. The location was perfect for what we wanted to do each day.
The only downsides of this hotel would be - no safe in the room and the small lift, but that shouldn't be any reason not to visit this hotel as everything else was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calum D
Timhotellouvre, Directeur général at Timhotel Le Louvre, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Sir,
We gratefully acknowledge your comments and suggestions, as they allow us to improve our service and better satisfy our guests.
Thank you and we look forward to host you again in our hotel.
Sincerely yours,
London
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If I could give this hotel less than one star I would...
We had a bottom floor room (note: this is the "accessible" room, however large the bathroom was - you wouldn't get a wheelchair through the door past the beds TO the bathroom - so anyone planning on staying here who needs an accessible room should probably think again). The room was noisy (metro line underneath, opposite the breakfast room, near a staff store room), dirty (fag burns in the towels) and the shower curtain didn't reach the edge of the bath (I presume because the bath had been lowered for accessibility but they didn't drop the shower curtain to match and thus water flooded the bathroom). The courtyard outside our room meant people also had conversations outside our door & smoked, which came through into our room because of the badly sealed door (it also let in a draft).

All in all a total rip off of a hotel, this wasn't a cheap hotel (because it's Paris, nothing is cheap) but I've stayed in MUCH cheaper accomodation (Forumla one - basic basic basic) and had MUCH better experiences. I'm just glad I locked my camera inside my case and hid it when I went out - judging by some of the other reviews.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Timhotellouvre, Directeur général at Timhotel Le Louvre, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We are sorry that the room and the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies. Furthermore noisy we can understand but we are in Paris and the metro is running everywhere but dirty and damp I'm sure not. Regards.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here in mid December and the room we had was very small on the top floor, but it was nice and the hotel is in a very central location. It's a stone's throw from the louvre and 2 minutes from the metro station which made it easy to get to all the major attractions. At a very good price for the lcoation, this is a good place to stay if you're in Paris for a couple of nights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack C
Timhotellouvre, Gérant at Timhotel Le Louvre, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you and we look forward to host you again in our hotel.
Sincerely yours,
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

With my girlfriend I arrived in Paris in 28.12.2012. We did our check in at the hotel Timhotel Du Louvre at the beginning of afternoon. After a few minutes we went to the museum. We came back to the hotel at night. Then we realised that someone have stolen all our money and a new IPhone 5, in a box ( I have the receipt bought a few days ago in Frankfurt). Immediately we went to the reception and the employee report that we need to go to the police. We stay at the Police for more than 3 hours just to report the crime. At the next day the manager of the hotel told us that the hotel has no responsibility for the event. We were surprised, astonished and we went in a deep sadness. We planned and saved money during all the year and that's not the answer we expected. In a search in the Internet we discovered that us wasn't the first victims of that kind of crime in that hotel!!! But when we did our checked in that risk was not told to us. The hotel is expensive, 309 for only 2 days and has no security and things end this way. The customers loose their money and personal belongings and nothing happen. If that kind of thing happened in Brazil the consequences would be different, so our sadness was really deep. Our dream vacation was destroyed. Other customers have their dreams destroyed previously and nothing happened. That's not right, for sure. The police just did a formality, the hotel don't charge us and that's all! We hope that something must be done. We have our memories of Paris destroyed and we don't want that for other persons. So we need to report that and expect some providence from the government of France. We are in total disposal to show documents or more fact that should be necessary.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank mauriciommaciel
Following this complain, in the absence of breaking in, in the absence of access noticed in the room during the stay except the clients (the hotel made the reading of the door's lock and no entrance except the clients during the afternoon), the hotel can not grant a compensation.
However everything had been sent to the insurance for investigations.